SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2045 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've listed everything I can remember, arranged roughly by area.

Southern City Centre
Beetham - 2
River City and surrounding projects - 4
St Georges - 3
Vie - 3
GN Tower - 2
Eagle Star House - 2
University Car Park Cambridge St - 2
MRI Superhospital - 5
Aurora - 1

Western City Centre/Greengate
CJC - 3
Spinningfields NCP - 1
Tempus - 1
Spectrum - 2
red ones near Spectrum - 2
John Rylands Library - 1
GMEN - 1
Rosetti Phase Two - 1

Northern City Centre/Piccadilly
Skyline Central - 3
Site next to Skyline Central - 2
Royal Mills/surrounds - 3
Piccadilly Place - 4
Green Quarter - 1
Issa Quay - 1
Piccadilly Car Park - 1
IVLA? - 1
Next to Ovale - 1

Salford Quays
Old Trafford - 2
NV Towers - 1
Citylofts - 2

This gives us 49 in town and 56 including the quays. Phenomenal.

A few more than this I'm sure, what are they people?

Ones to expect soon:

3 & 4 Hardman Square
Chancery Place
Probably a new Green Quarter one for Jefferson Place
Erie Basin Tower
40 Spring Gardens
More at spectrum
Sarah Tower perhaps
Abito
Pall Mall

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
We are down to 5 at the MRI although did you count the crane at Rosetti Place (or has it come down).

I think we are a long time from seeing any work at the Chancery Place site (although I hope Im wrong). Id like to think they've secured the finance to build it speculatively.

40 Spring Gardens and 3 & 4 Hardman Square must be fairly imminent.

Still not convinved anything is happening at the Sarah Tower site. All I can make out is various bits of equipment and soil being moved around rather than any actual digging.

I would expect to see a crane on the Man Uni Chemistry extension soonish.

49 tower cranes in the city centre alone represents an astonishing amount of development though with no sign of it slowing down either. :D

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SleepyOne said:
We are down to 5 at the MRI although did you count the crane at Rosetti Place (or has it come down).

I think we are a long time from seeing any work at the Chancery Place site (although I hope Im wrong). Id like to think they've secured the finance to build it speculatively.

40 Spring Gardens and 3 & 4 Hardman Square must be fairly imminent.

Still not convinved anything is happening at the Sarah Tower site. All I can make out is various bits of equipment and soil being moved around rather than any actual digging.
I thought I added Rosetti, escaped my leaky head. Millenium Estates website says Chancery Place will be completed by 2007! I hope they're right.

I'm not too sure about Sarah Tower either, but what else could they be doing on the site other than preparation for imminent construction.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I went past the Chancery Place site this afternoon,and boards have now been put up,with that great render we have seen,,,i think this will be onsite before the year is out.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
caw123 said:
I'm not too sure about Sarah Tower either, but what else could they be doing on the site other than preparation for imminent construction.
They are pobably using it as storage and spoil fill for the issa quay(?) building next door.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
^^ Thats what I suspected. The same developers also have the Great Ancoats St Tower site on the go too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That second crane at spectrum has been there boomless for about a week now, maybe we have so many cranes they are running out of parts!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
A new crane as gone up next to the Ovale apartments on Great Ancoats St,on the old Ian Skelly car showroom site. What's going there do we know?

And the base of a crane is in place on the 3 Piccadilly Place site.

The cranes just keep coming :)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated the list.

Lost a few, one at GMEN, one behind GMEN.

Added the one near Ovale, the missing one near River City, new PP one, 2nd Spectrum one.

Fifty-three in town and five at the Quays. :runaway:

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
A 3rd crane as gone up today at Spectrum,

And this morning on the way to work i saw a base of another crane being delivered to 3PP.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another blue crane has gone up near River City, for some development the name of which I've forgotten. (Begins with H possibly?)

So the 53 we already had
+ Abito
+ 5th PP crane
+ 3rd Spectrum
+ New one near river city

+ Taylorson St for SQ

57 in town, 6 at the quays.

I'd wager that this insane number wouldn't be far off the totals of Leeds, Liverpool and Birmingham combined. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have a book on architecture in Manchester (Manchester: An Architectural History
John J.Parkinson- Bailey) - the author states at the end that following the IRA damaged redevelopment of the Millenium Quarter, Manchester would never see development on that scale again...do you think he was a little premature with that assertion?

·
Registered
324 Posts
</paternity leave>

Back trundling round the north west, thought I better post a few.

Second crane base at the site between Ovale and Every Street

From here it looks like one of Beetham's cranes has grown

The crane at the Abito site, corner of Greengate and Gravel lane

1 - 20 of 2045 Posts