SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Crane Count

392708 Views 2403 Replies 250 Participants Last post by  guys in the office
I've listed everything I can remember, arranged roughly by area.

Southern City Centre
Beetham - 2
River City and surrounding projects - 4
St Georges - 3
Vie - 3
GN Tower - 2
Eagle Star House - 2
University Car Park Cambridge St - 2
MRI Superhospital - 5
Aurora - 1

Western City Centre/Greengate
CJC - 3
Spinningfields NCP - 1
Tempus - 1
Spectrum - 2
red ones near Spectrum - 2
John Rylands Library - 1
GMEN - 1
Rosetti Phase Two - 1

Northern City Centre/Piccadilly
Skyline Central - 3
Site next to Skyline Central - 2
Royal Mills/surrounds - 3
Piccadilly Place - 4
Green Quarter - 1
Issa Quay - 1
Piccadilly Car Park - 1
IVLA? - 1
Next to Ovale - 1

Salford Quays
Old Trafford - 2
NV Towers - 1
Citylofts - 2

This gives us 49 in town and 56 including the quays. Phenomenal.

A few more than this I'm sure, what are they people?

Ones to expect soon:

3 & 4 Hardman Square
Chancery Place
Probably a new Green Quarter one for Jefferson Place
Erie Basin Tower
40 Spring Gardens
More at spectrum
Sarah Tower perhaps
Abito
Pall Mall
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is one of the last parts of Oxford Road that is still recognisable from my time at the university, in the early '60's: it still has that lived in feeling of yesteryear & is a small remembrance to the thousands of terraced houses & their families that were cleared to expand & extend the universities.

Most days I passed this way on my way home, walking from the Arts faculty down through town to Salford bus station, opposite Manchester Cathedral.
The Grosvenor cinema, with snooker hall in the basement & where we exchanged an afternoons lectures for the delights of "Jazz on a Summers Day". Johnny Roadhouse's music shop, the front window stuffed with a cornucopia of musical instruments, the Regal twins (must have been the first multi-screen in Manchester), the Daily Herald office (the left wing national daily that morphed into the Sun).

All Saints, for all the building, all the changes still has the power to remind us of the journey that Manchester has undergone, & is still experiencing.
Let it be.
Puzzle Page for Ed - courtesy of the Christie Car Park - 18th May 2018

Cranes viewed from the Christie Car Park today, 14-09-2018:-

Hi Trident,

2-4 Chester Road appears to be missing?

JL.
Crane Hotspots -
(From the Christie - 03/09/2019):-

View from the Christie - 03/10/2019:-

Well done Trident, another sterling piece of research - if not with the bottom line that we would all wish to see.
Like you, I fear that the outlook for the rest of this year is bleak - “coming-downs” will continue to outnumber “going-ups”, even though we know that there is now a significant number of new projects either getting underway or preparing to do so.

Unfortunately for the crane count, the construction process appears to require about 5/6 months to get from site setting up to cranes on site: the upside, however being that 2021 should see crane numbers resume a significant upward trajectory.
Probably one of the most iconic “working on a skyscraper” pics, makes me feel dizzy just looking at it: I did, however, manage to stand on the high point of South Tower without support (apart from the Tower that is!!!):-
TR,
Look after yourself, Crane Count will be looked after, trust you will be fit & back with us before too long,
Best wishes & Regards from all at SSC.
Hello forumers. Just to let you know I have just got home after 6 weeks in hospital. Am recovering well but really don't have the mental capacity yet to update the crane count. If someone wants to take over that would be great otherwise I will update in due course. Regards!
Domis reports - 8/02/2022 - re Viadux -

“……… we look forward to seeing an additional tower crane installed this week[emoji911]”

1 - 15 of 15 Posts