SkyscraperCity Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 2402 Posts

· Registered
894 Posts
On the graph, FUN FACTS #1, I noticed that MediaCity is counted separately to Manchester, but not so in the normal crane count stats.
Should the graph not include MediaCity in the Manchester bar too?
Fair point but I kept it separate to indicate how it compared to other cities and to give it a bit of kudos in its own right. It's easy enough to add Manc and the Quays together in one's head I s'pose. But cheers for highlighting.

· Registered
390 Posts
The count has dropped slightly but cranes are a rather crude measure of development. For example, the 3 cranes for the Cylinder and the Blade are delivering over 300m of roof height between them alone. I would guess the city has the most 100m+ developments under construction ever right now, even though the overall crane count is well down on the peak of a few years ago.

· Registered
9,355 Posts
The count has dropped slightly but cranes are a rather crude measure of development. For example, the 3 cranes for the Cylinder and the Blade are delivering over 300m of roof height between them alone. I would guess the city has the most 100m+ developments under construction ever right now, even though the overall crane count is well down on the peak of a few years ago.
It's just a bit of fun that's all.

· Registered
894 Posts
Good morning forumers, hope you're all well. It's been pretty quiet this month and I've been pretty busy with various things so I might have missed some crane news so if anyone has any updates, please let me know on this thread before I do the update in a couple of days' time. Many thanks.

2381 - 2400 of 2402 Posts