Skyscraper City Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 2191 Posts

·
Registered
26,737 Posts
Ed, have you stopped doing your monthly development posts?! Or have I just missed them somehow?
I stopped doing them in quite as much depth because of how much time it took up. It was ok doing it hungover in bed at uni but when you're trying to fit it into a full time job it's a little different :lol:

I do however do a 'monthly roundup' via my website UrbInfo. September's is below:

https://www.urbinfomanc.com/blog/urbinfo-manchester-september-roundup

:)

·
10th February 2008
61,661 Posts
^^ Could hit 70 cranes soon. :banana:

Can't remember where I read it last Week. Apprently Manchester has the 2nd most amount of cranes in Europe after London. I think Dublin may have more? But no other European city springs to mind. Not even capital cities.

·
northwesternlised
563 Posts
^^ Could hit 70 cranes soon. :banana:

Can't remember where I read it last Week. Apprently Manchester has the 2nd most amount of cranes in Europe after London. I think Dublin may have more? But no other European city springs to mind. Not even capital cities.
Not really true. Poznan has 115, Wroclaw 207 with Krakow and Warsaw even more. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
I think the guys in the Polish forum count it based on the official city boundary.
Still great numbers... I know in places like Spain, on the Costa's they use cranes for even two/three storey projects so it all depends but GM would not get close to 117 in total no matter what.

Can we go off floor counts on buildings over 50m? :lol:

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
Tbere's 6 at MCR Airport. Think it's 6. There's 2 in the Cheadle area. As for the rest of Manchester, who knows. Gtr Manchester could well have between 80-90 cranes spread across the city. The Polish love building.
Airport is down to one fixed and one massive mobile one, certainly not the 6 fixed I have seen previously.... I don't think they moved out of sight for, say, the pier itself.

1361 - 1380 of 2191 Posts