SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip around London yesterday. I've lots of photos to show. Let me start with a test as I'm new to photo posting. Please someone tell me whether it has worked and you see the photo, then I'll continue. Bonus marks if you can tell me where it is!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I apologize for the quality of the photos. They are meant to be informative, rather than high art (or in focus!)

I started my journey in Stratford, trying to get a look at the international station/hole in the ground. I pretty much failed:

I think this is the culvert to take trains to Temple Mills, when it's built.

I took the tube down to Canning Town and went for a walk around the Royals. Royal Victoria

...past ExCel, to Shed 100. This was built by an Aussie - can you see the corks hanging off the roof? (the first image is just behind where this was taken)

Continuing along Albert dock, one comes to the University of East London

Right at the end, on an island, they are building Furlong City. This was taken from the Sir Steve Redgrave Bridge.

Returning West, I stopped off at the Isle of Dogs. Here's the underwhelming ticker

and a couple of piccies of Discovery Dock (I believe)

I took a walk though Wapping. Here's a site next to Tobacco Dock. I'm not sure what it will be. Is it Murdoch's new tower?

The next installment will be the South Bank section

·
1,226 Posts
Interesting to see photos from an area which doesn't get much attention despite all the works that's gone on and good lord dicovery dock is finally making progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts