SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,690 Posts
no,its just in the palnning now.But they have marked a area in the south wich incldes shush to be the Farhang center of tehran.but go 4 urself to the south-and look 4 the alod big warehouses and fabrics.There is so many potential.
Maybe u can get some wom from shahrdari-cause they are pushing investors into the south,and since they have marked the area as cultural hub-u wil be greeted with joy.

·
Spatial Arts in Tehran!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well you see, talking with many organisations in Tehran the main problem has been and gets far worse by the year is to have a good amount of space to exhibit artworks and organise events. I had a look on the Tehran Government page and I cant find anything. Friends looked in farsi as my farsi is crap still. If anyone has any supporting pages in either farsi or english then I will be very grateful.

mersi

·
Banned
1,690 Posts
site mite wont work bro-u should find the arts and culture section of muncipilaty,the next steps god almighty will show u soon.But first find the first door.The golden question is.Where is it located?Good luck mate

·
Registered
101 Posts
the municipality needs to stay out of this! arts need to develop for themselves.

art quarters all over the world have following ingredients:

1. they are cheap: artists need places where they can live and work for little to no money. often they pick places where no one else wants to live. prime example is eastern berlin. financial worries are poison to art.

2. they have charme: artists need a creative environment, they need inspiration. some mass-housing-complexes do not have that charme. mostly its old quarters with the architecture that get picked by artists, because they are beautiful, even if not shiny and chique.

3. they have to be accessible: artists need every single visitor or customer, so the way to the artist shouldnt create an extra obstacle. even if the place is not very central, it should be connected to urban transport.

central tehran would have been perfect for an art quarter. its unfortunate that the municipality is pushing investors there to gentrificate that place already and raise prices.

central tehran should have been an art quarter all along. the reason why it's not, is simple - arts are defacto forbidden in iran!
the only arts that develop in iran are some islamic or traditional stuff, but nothing creative.

its just a shame. we are living in the age of creativity, where the most creative is the most successful. in some western countries they kiss the feet of these artists, because its them who bring along the creativity.
what do we do with these people? we arrest and jail them.

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
How about a place like west of Tehransar? It's made of industrial warehouses that could be turned into artist studios and workshops. Close to Chitgar and Azadi metro stations with easy access from Freeway 2. And the best part is it's near Mehrabad airport. It won't be a place for Cafes and Theatres etc. but more of a practical work environment, I guess I'm thinking of something like the warehouse district near downtown L.A., CA.

As for Shoush, I went there around a year ago to buy scrap auto parts for an art project, one of the store owners mentioned the community hopes the municipality purchases some of the premises for redevelopment.

·
Spatial Arts in Tehran!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update: I went for a meeting with the people renovating Massoudieh Palace behind Baharestan. Formally the office of education for the country, the Qajar era palace is currently being renovated to form a new arts center for the city. There are plans to buy surrounding streets and create large scale gallery spaces for commercial galleries to be part of the surroundings, if it goes a head and the so far work looks positive, it will give central Baharestan a new vibe, also they didn't mention companies but they are wanting to make new apartments looking onto the future arts centre.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts