Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
And what is the "creative class" exactly? It is a term that has been so over used and so misunderstood that it has no real meaningful relevance anymore. You can't tailor to the creative class - the creative class, at least by original definition, seeks out diversity and differences. It's like trying to plan spontaneity.

·
39,915 Posts
You can't tailor to the creative class - the creative class, at least by original definition, seeks out diversity and differences. It's like trying to plan spontaneity.
Agree. Not every city will attract the creative classes either.

·
The only way is up
88,183 Posts
And what is the "creative class" exactly? It is a term that has been so over used and so misunderstood that it has no real meaningful relevance anymore. You can't tailor to the creative class - the creative class, at least by original definition, seeks out diversity and differences. It's like trying to plan spontaneity.
I agree. Looking at the situation in my city, this is very recognizable.
It is often used by developers here to make their project look cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Building on this I think that it perhaps is regarded as an image that is recognised to be one that many will happily buy into and therefore reason for it to be used in marketing a city. Instead of a city being 'poor' we are told it is 'bohemian'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts