268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quartiere Ticinese, Ticinese district

more pics coming :cheers:

all pictures taken from flickr

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's definetely something else, I didn't expect this! I don't really know much about Milano, but I didn't expect this! An italian city that looks like a mix between Amsterdam (i mean the colours and grafitti) and an asian (korean) youth city, maybe some japanese madness also...it's cool...is weed leagal in Milano?:)

Oh, and those trams...really awesome trams!

·
Dr.Jerdo
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It's definetely something else, I didn't expect this! I don't really know much about Milano, but I didn't expect this! An italian city that looks like a mix between Amsterdam (i mean the colours and grafitti) and an asian (korean) youth city, maybe some japanese madness also...it's cool...is weed leagal in Milano?:)

:lol: Well I try to show the authentic contemporary side of Milano, its energy and its creativity, but you know this city is so complex and eclectic that it's really hard, even for me that I live here, to catch its real identity..you can think of Milano in many ways and yet there is something missing. The mood of the city does change at every corner and each district is a different world. Your reaction sounds very familiar to me, I also walk the streets of Milano everyday and I always feel like I'm not here, like I'm somewhere else, maybe in Amsterdam, maybe in Paris, maybe in New York, maybe in Gotham city...The so called 'little apple' really has it all. It is simply unique, and once you know it you start to love it..

·
Registered
146 Posts

Damn, I hate all those graffiti! Beautiful roman ruins behind nasty paintings... Horrible!:bash:

·
Dr.Jerdo
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^that's why the contrast it's totally crazy :nuts: You may think I'm insane, and moreover since I would define myself as a conservative, but one of the reason I love the ticinese district are those out-of-context un-respected roman columns..you have trams passing behind them, young people sitting beetwen them, graffiti and street art all around and it's just like they are not ancient anymore, it's like they've been brought back to the present. It is something unique in Italy where actually you often feel like if the present is braked by the tremendous heritage of its past. It's just interesting..

·
Registered
241 Posts
that was my first dedication on SSC, 10x!:) Gotham, I didn't think of that! Of course you mean Gotham as in Batman Gotham, not gotham related to the Dome's gothic architectural style! i hope not, cause that structure is amazing and it would be a shame for it to be associated with the criminality and corruption of Batman Gotham! other than that, also could Milano be one of the few cities in the world landmark represented by a stadium? of course, the San Siro/Giuseppe Meaza!

what am I talking about man? did you read what I just wrote and it made any sense to you?:cheers:

·
Registered
241 Posts
oh and also, somehow I didn't think of this earlier! you know, the romanians that cause a lot of trouble in Italy are also a shame for us! they are mostly gipsies, not that I'm racially profiling here, but it's true, and why beat arround the bush, they cause most incidents, correct? I don't know what's with these people, everywhere they go they have to cause trouble, rob and rape! it's because of people like that, who unfortunately have come to represent our country, we have such a poor image abroad! fortunately, i know there are also good romanian people working in Italy and it's a shame they have to suffer because of the others! the judicial system in Italy should have no mercy for the ones that step across the line of justice! it's worse when italians, especially extremists, take matters into their own hands and ruin good people's businesses, beat them up and such activities! all I'm saying is, if punishment is compulsory, at least punish the guilty, no arguements about that! hope this wasn't to much of a political debate and that you are not one of the people who generalizes on others judging from the activities of a handfull of delinquents!

Italy is a fascinating place, with a fascinating history, but it has to many violent people living there! Why?

·
OPEN - END
3,965 Posts
like Milan No other.

i love n i like MILAN.

la belle Village de Milan.

·
Dr.Jerdo
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that was my first dedication on SSC, 10x!:) Gotham, I didn't think of that! Of course you mean Gotham as in Batman Gotham, not gotham related to the Dome's gothic architectural style! i hope not, cause that structure is amazing and it would be a shame for it to be associated with the criminality and corruption of Batman Gotham! other than that, also could Milano be one of the few cities in the world landmark represented by a stadium? of course, the San Siro/Giuseppe Meaza!

what am I talking about man? did you read what I just wrote and it made any sense to you?:cheers:
Of course i mean Gotham city..but it was a joke..Soon I will post some pics of the cathedral and San Siro's Meazza stadium if you like..:cheers:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts