SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project Name: Business Park and Hotel
Contractor: Arab Engineering Bureau
Project Type: Commerical (Hotels, conference centers, shops, offices)

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Proposed: Crowne Plaza Doha Airport

From al-sharq.com

The intercontinental group signed a deal for the construction of Crowne Plaza Doha International Airport, which is to be located 2 kilometers from Doha Airport. It will contain office towers and is located within the Doha Business Park (or Free Zone).

It features 265 rooms and 83 full-service apartments. It contains all the facilities for the traveller and visitor as well as 3 restaurants.

This hotel is the 3rd Intercontinental Hotel in the country after Intercontinental Doha and Intercontinental West Bay.

**NO PICTURE**

______
PRESS
______

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed an exclusive agreement with the Trans Orient Group to develop the first Crowne Plaza in Qatar, located close to Doha Airport.

The signing of Crowne Plaza Doha Airport, involved key business leaders Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani, owner of the Trans Orient Group, and John Bamsey, Chief Operating Officer, IHG, Middle East & Africa.

To be centrally located within Doha's newest business park, which is currently under development and only two kilometres from Doha International Airport, the hotel has been designed with a focus on high-level individual service, comfort and business facilities. With easy access to the business park's major conference centre and office towers, the hotel will provide the perfect base for the discerning business traveller.

Incorporating 265 hotel rooms and 83 serviced apartments, the property will offer travellers a choice of accommodation to suit their length of stay. Featured in the design are three specialty restaurants, ideal for entertaining clients or unwinding after a long day. A fully-equipped business centre with state-of-the-art facilities will also form part of the hotels services, ensuring Crowne Plaza Doha Airport becomes a focal point for both guests and local companies to conduct business

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
so is this for the current airport ? or the new one ? where is doha business park ? is it where the current airport is standing today ? so many questions......

but i am happy they are finally opening one here :D i remmember i stayed at one in brussels....

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
Thanks for the news...I think this is clearly for the current airport, which is also later on to be developed as a business park/free zone...

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ I thought it was for the new Airport as they are already building a business park there to the West of NDIA.

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
really ? when i was aboard the plane to cairo i only saw the interchanges alost complete and the airport... with no construction at all west of the NDIA... weird.

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
Mmm Halawala, West of NDIA....you mean in between the current airport and NDIA? Since I heard the proposed free zone is to be next to the New Airport, I always thought the current airport would be the sport, converted into a free zone... I guess I was wrong...

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
There is a small pic in this article:

InterContinental Hotels Group signs agreement to develop first Crowne Plaza in Qatar

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed an exclusive agreement with the Trans Orient Group to develop the first Crowne Plaza in Qatar, located close to Doha Airport.

The signing of Crowne Plaza Doha Airport, involved key business leaders Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani, owner of the Trans Orient Group, and John Bamsey, Chief Operating Officer, IHG, Middle East & Africa.

Speaking at the signing, John Bamsey said:

'Today IHG has pushed further forward with development, highlighting our commitment to continued growth and expansion within the Middle East and Africa. IHG is delighted to have signed the Crowne Plaza Doha Airport agreement with Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani and the Trans Orient Group. Doha is a strategic location and a great opportunity for Crowne Plaza, which offers business travellers high levels of comfort, service and amenities, ensuring a relaxing environment in which to work and rest.'

To be centrally located within Doha's newest business park, which is currently under development and only two kilometres from Doha International Airport, the hotel has been designed with a focus on high-level individual service, comfort and business facilities. With easy access to the business park's major conference centre and office towers, the hotel will provide the perfect base for the discerning business traveller.

Incorporating 265 hotel rooms and 83 serviced apartments, the property will offer travellers a choice of accommodation to suit their length of stay. Featured in the design are three specialty restaurants, ideal for entertaining clients or unwinding after a long day. A fully-equipped business centre with state-of-the-art facilities will also form part of the hotels services, ensuring Crowne Plaza Doha Airport becomes a focal point for both guests and local companies to conduct business.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani said: 'I am extremely happy to be working in partnership with IHG on the development of the Crowne Plaza Doha Airport. The Trans Orient Group already has a strong portfolio of companies within Qatar, including the development of the new business park at the Crowne Plaza Doha Airport site, incorporating six office buildings. The economy is growing significantly throughout the country and superior business hotels such as Crowne Plaza are required to service the needs of this booming market.'

IHG currently operates one property in Qatar, InterContinental Doha, with a further hotel, InterContinental Doha West Bay, in the development pipeline.

Currently there are 13 Crowne Plaza Hotels and 3,538 rooms across the Middle East and Africa, with a further six properties and 2,216 rooms in the development pipeline.

·
doha rulz...
988 Posts
i see this everyday i go to work... this ones very slow.. no much progress...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello :banana: :banana: :banana:
I heard that the main construction contract was given to a comapny! Does anyone know who is the winning company?

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
IHG and Trans Orient Group break ground on first Crowne Plaza in Qatar

InterContinental Hotels Group and Trans Orient Group announced the commencement of development for Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park with a ground breaking ceremony, followed by a press conference held at InterContinental Doha.

On Site for the Groundbreaking.

This is the first property under the Crowne Plaza brand in Doha, and is in line with IHG's expansion plans for the Middle East.

Heading the press conference was H.E Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani, owner of the Trans Orient Group, and John Bamsey, Chief Operating Officer, IHG, Middle East & Africa. Also in attendance were, Dr Ahmed Obaidan, General Manager, Trans Orient Group, Fathi Abu Rish, Executive Manager of Sheikh Mohammed's office, Samir A. Shafei, Hospitality Consultant for Trans Orient Group, Rani Gharbié, Director of Development MEA for IHG, Ibrahim M Jaidah, Managing Director, Arab Engineering Group and Faisal Abdulla Khalid Al Mana, Vice Chairman of REDCO.

'Our country's benevolent and visionary leaders launched the Qatar National Vision 2030 last year to steer economic development into the business, education and cultural sectors to diversify Qatar's portfolio and to contribute towards its growth,'

said H.E Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani.

'We believe the tourism sector has tremendous potential. The country is expanding its airport and airline in line with projected visitor growth of 1.4m tourists by the end of 2010. Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park is well positioned to contribute towards the increased visitor demand, particularly to that driven by the business park that the hotel will sit within. It gives me great pleasure to attend the ground breaking ceremony and look forward to building a long and lasting relationship with IHG,' H.E Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani concluded.

Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park will be centrally located within the city's newest business district, currently under development and only two kilometers from Doha International Airport. The hotel has been designed with a focus on high-level individual service, comfort and business facilities. With easy access to the business park's major conference centre and office towers, the hotel will provide the perfect base for business travelers.

'Qatar's economy has shown continuous growth since we first signed Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park, with Trans Orient Group in 2008. The development of the Business Park that the hotel will reside in, close to the city and the airport, is the perfect site for us to place a Crowne Plaza as the brands positioning and product is aligned towards catering to the discerning business traveler,' said John Bamsey, Chief Operating Officer IHG Middle East and Africa.

'Business travel has certainly increased in the country, accounting for 65% of total visitors to Qatar annually. The country has made its mark as a business hub regionally and globally and is also recognized as a key destination for meetings and corporate events. We are honored to be invited here by His Excellency, Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani, to share this pivotal moment of breaking ground, signifying commencement of our first Crowne Plaza development in Qatar. We look forward to working with our partners Trans Orient Group in building this key business hotel property and in strengthening our relationship with a view to develop future projects with them,' said Bamsey.

Incorporating 265 hotel rooms and 83 serviced apartments, the property will include a fully-equipped business centre with state-of-the-art facilities will also form part of the hotels services, ensuring Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park becomes a focal point for both guests from both local and international companies to conduct business.

IHG currently operates one property in Qatar, InterContinental Doha, with a further hotel, InterContinental Doha West Bay, under development.

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
Crowne Plaza Hotel to be completed in 2011

A scale model of the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which will open in two years.

DOHA: The 23,000-sq-m Crowne Plaza Hotel Doha Business Park will be completed in September 2011, it was announced by officials of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and Trans Orient Group after the ground-breaking ceremony yesterday.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Doha project, the first property under the Crowne Plaza brand here, is in line with IHG’s expansion plans for the Middle East and will include eight buildings.

The building in front will be a showroom; two of the buildings will include rooms for business retail, insurance companies and banks, and open spaces; the building in the centre will include resto-bars and a conference centre.

The main hotel building, which will be located in the back, will comprise 365 hotel rooms and 83 serviced apartments.

Architect Ibrahim Jaidah, managing director of Arab Engineering Bureau and designer of the project, said the Crowne Plaza Hotel Doha Business Park indicated the strength of the Qatari economy.

“The hotel has been designed with a focus on high-level individual service, comfort and business facilities. With easy access to the business park’s major conference centre and office towers, the hotel will provide the perfect base for business travellers,” said Jaidah.

John Bamsey, Chief Operating Officer of the IHG Middle East and Africa, said Qatar’s economy had shown continuous growth since they first signed the Crowne Plaza Doha Business Park deal with the Trans Orient Group in 2008.

Bamsey said the location of the hotel, which is close to the centre of the city and two kilometres from the Doha International Airport, is “the perfect site for us to place a Crowne Plaza as the brand’s positioning and product is aligned toward catering to the discerning business traveller.

“Crowne Plaza Doha Business Park is well positioned to contribute toward the increased visitor demand, particularly to that driven by the business park that the hotel will sit within. It gives me great pleasure to attend the ground breaking ceremony and I look forward to building a long and lasting relationship with IHG,” said Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani, owner of the Trans Orient Group.

“Business travel has certainly increased in the country, accounting for 65 percent of total visitors to Qatar annually. The country has made its mark as a business hub regionally and globally and is also recognised as a key destination for meetings and corporate events. We are honoured to be invited here… to share this pivotal moment of breaking ground, signifying commencement of our first Crowne Plaza development in Qatar…,” said Bamsey.

The Commercial Bank of Qatar is financing the project.

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heyy this is the Doha Business Park, I think we can merge the threads!

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
Wow, thanks, I didn't realize this was the same project! I thought the Crowne Plaza would be in the piece of land between the current airport and NDIA for some reason :nuts:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts