SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
30,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CTBUH is proud to announce the four regional winners of the 2009 “Best Tall Building” awards. After carefully deliberating over a record number of nominations, the 2009 Awards Committee, chaired by Gordon Gill, has selected: Manitoba Hydro Place, Winnipeg for Americas, Linked Hybrid Building, Beijing for Asia & Australasia, The Broadgate Tower, London for Europe, and QIPCO Tower, Doha for the Middle East & Africa. One of these four projects will be recognized as the "2009 Best Tall Building Overall" at the 2009 Awards Dinner to be held on October 22nd.

The CTBUH also announces the winners of its two “Lifetime Achievement” Awards, recognizing individuals who have contributed a lifetime's work to the advancement of tall buildings and the urban environment. This year’s recipient of the Lynn S. Beedle Award will be John C. Portman Jr. and the Fazlur Rahman Kahn Medal will be awarded to Dr. Prabodh V. Banavalkar.

» continue reading on the CTBUH Web site

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
I don't understand, is the CTBUH Award the highest honour a skyscraper? Because I always thought the Emporis Skyscraper Award was the highest honour.

·
Administrator
30,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, CTBUH is an international non for profit organisation having professionals looking at buildings, Emporis is a company having employees looking at images so they can send out a press release again and invite themselves up the winning tower. Up to you what you think ranks higher. Money-wise, the Frankfurt based Skyscraper Awards ranks highest.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
I don't care much about the Franfurt Skyscraper Awards. Matter of fact,. I haven't seen any winners of that award over the years the award was given.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts