SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
i personally dont think that so called blank wall will look that bad itll probably have texture of some sort on it, the beauty will lie in the simplicity of it

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
The pattern in these renders is much down to the shadow of the overhanging roof section casting one at an angle. The actual wall still seens to be blank, with just horizontal stripes at best. - must do better - mural or graphic or digital wall or something!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The less they deviate from the current CTICC design the better :cheers:

I'm also interested to see how the drop off area and basement parking will work.

·
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And here we have the new shape of the proposed tower. I'm loving the "step-down" effect it has. That will also make it look a lot more sleek when viewing it from the side, as it won't be one long tower as per the previous design.

Also notice the "white" wall that we've been complaining about seems to have a mosaic pattern on this side of the building, much like the pattern of the older designs (as seen in Andrew's post just above):

·
Registered
82 Posts
After looking at the old proposal, it would have been great if the CTICC had extended northwards under the freeways to occupy the current site of Customs House. Does anyone know what is actually going to happen to Customs House? If you compare slides 14 and 15 in the link below, it seems as if it is due for an upgrade, not a demolition.
http://www.slideshare.net/CTP/culemborg-quarter

We already have Harbour Bridge and Canal Quays in the area, but there is still a lot of land available for development near the port and I can't help but feel that Customs House is inhibiting further development. I'm not sure when Roggebaai Intaba (Park Inn Hotel) and Docklands Square will get off the ground, but surely more emphasis should be placed on developing the "Roggebaai Canal Tourism District" as a more immediate way of reconnecting the city with the harbour/ocean?

·
Karoo Prime
1,212 Posts
I don't expect much... This area was reclaimed from the sea only about 80 years ago. It was filled up with sand dredged from the ocean floor, as far as I know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would love to know what the Westin Hotel's sentiments are about the hotel? Apparently they've been obstructive, to say the least.....

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Innitially I noticed that the model below doesnt make much space in front of it for this tower that is proposed (that we are all praying for!) and the entrance shown on the model inplies that there maybe wont be a tower.
However, it seems that the entrace will be through the base of the tower to connect with the envisaged entrance to the innitial hall part, and the sweeping entrance just gets "stitched" into the fabrick of the tower .. thoughts?

10629847_651635838288793_5567489361663169426_n by saffaman13, on Flickr

21 - 40 of 468 Posts