Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Yup, great news isn't it. Now that we've got rid of Turnmills, the Key, the Cross, Cable, SE1, the Arches, the End, Madame Jojos, Earls Court and the Astoria, we've only got Fabric and a couple of others left, and then the cleansing of the city will be complete!

It's funny, a year ago I was planning to try and buy somewhere when my current tenancy ends, now I think I'd be better off moving out of town / out of the country, to somewhere which (a) has some accomodation that you don't need to be a millionnaire to buy, and (b) appreciates that there is more to a great city than flats for millionaires (with "activated" ground floor, i.e. Prets and Itsus).

The london that I moved to last decade seemed like an exciting place with a great balance of luxury and grit, business and creativity, mainstream and underground culture both strong throughout the centre, now it feels like every scrap of remotely 'edgy' character in central london is being turned into the same old sterile and/or overpriced shit. Like Boris explicitly stated, it's a playground for billionnaires now. Which I'm sure is great for the billionnaires. The rest of us wouldn't mind having somewhere to live and somewhere left to out clubbing every now then, but we're not billionnaires so **** us, right?

But hey on the bright side we're getting a few ******* pot plants stuck on a hundred million quid bridge because that bird from ab fab thinks it would be nice, so that's an exciting substitute

1 - 2 of 2 Posts