SkyscraperCity banner

1101 - 1120 of 1335 Posts

·
Periquito89
111 Posts
beauty is on the eye of the beholder. And anyway, when he said "pathetic" he was refering to the incomplete works on the stadium, not to the stadium "look".
Yep, he was refering to the works and he was refering to the look of the stadium

And you are right about the beauty is on the eye of the beholder. The out look of this arena is just like a box, without the curves and - well, let's say this way - magestic design of its brazilians counterparts. But I love it! My favorite stadium since the very first time I saw it.

Not to mention that looks kinda solid too, doesn't seem a wind would blow it to the skys (sorry, this keep ocorring to me when I see the Arena Corinthians :lol:)

·
Periquito89
111 Posts
I think he meant to say something about my comment about the wind blowing Arena Corinthians, yeah :lol:? Your post looks kinda lost here Axelferis. Well, it seems the stadium went well, despite incomplete, maybe better than the canarinho squad.

Anyway, I´m finishing my work earlier this day, to watch Espanha X Holanda!!!!! Great games coming soon: Portugal x Germany, Italy x England ... this weekend will be great! And of course, anxious to see Arena da Baixada at its full!

·
AUSHASAHÁUHUS
153 Posts
13/June, 2014 - Sunny Friday

Whats up with those red containers (?) next to the stairs?
I don`t really know, but it has to do with materials brought, and then not being able to put that away, or not having the time... Or maybe it's bathrooms...:dunno:

The previous posts were thanks to Mrs. Dagler, Alisson, Maura and Cleópatra (yes:lol:). This one is thanks to Colmar, Mr. Alcion, and Luís!

Baixada, as it is going to receive the world...

14:20

15:15

The famous Curitiba bus stop

A church building in Batel (opposite view)

Album «27»
e.sazhe

·
AUSHASAHÁUHUS
153 Posts
14/June - Saturday

My 28th trip to Baixada...
Guys, this has been my last effort! After this I`ll only meet up in Colmar`s place tomorrow to make what I had promised to RafaelpvrBR, about photographing the stadium at night. Colmar has told me that they do light tests on a nightly basis, till 3am, every night. So, he invited me to photograph Baixada during the light tests of this Sunday 15th. It is possible that there will also be night pictures from a skyscraper. I`ll try not to shake.:)

The buildings climbed today have been the 29th and 30th buildings that I`ve been to to photograph this stadium. It has been a pleasure, and I have learned all sorts of things. I`m an artist actually, not a journalist, so at times I wondered away into the vagueness of... anyway, not all pictures are good, but some of them I believe have been a real contribution, I have seen, for example, one of my pictures used in one of the greatest european sports sites, on a permanent page.

I wanted to do other things (missions hehe) too, but unfortunately for several reasons they didn`t come to pass. My camera is not professional, and I don`t possess the right equipment for all situations, but now going back to my routines, like all of you I want to watch the World Cup very close!!:lol: After the world cup I still have some plans, like doing very decent night shots, a visit to the internal arena, a helicopter ride, and maybe walking on the roof of Baixada..... or buying a satellite..............

Thanks rafaelpvrBR, alexandru.mircea, Ranma_Saotome, rbma, lgmk, renansanson, Periquito89, xtratus, Marcelo N, Concrete Jungle, FAAN, KATO, Naipesky, Aces High {No women???:D}, and many others, you know who you are... Poltronieri, J.Silva, Tiago Domiciniano, PEIloveyou, Firestar, lukepolska, [insert your name here], all of you whoever you are, it was all for you, and the anonymous visitors of this site all over the world. Even people that are not logged in... THANK YOU. I chose SSC because it is intelligent, simple, and has people in it that have a specific interest in these stadiums, let`s say, “above average curiosity”. I knew this site a long time ago, among other things I wanted to give it something back!

11:00

11:20

The Araucaria

And the fruit

Now, this is back in Claudio's place, he was to be interviewed on camera today, by rede Globo, about the construction of Baixada... I believe it has to do with some of those problems delineated here when I first visited his place

They are fencing the street! :lol: Security...

Thanks Túlio and Lúcia

·
AUSHASAHÁUHUS
153 Posts
14/June - Saturday (END)

From the Água Verde church spire!

13:55

The spire is more or less 10 floors high, and it presents no spiraling staircase, only vertical ones... like, 8 or something in a row, through hatches and all... So freaky!!

Thanks Jorge, Arlete, Father Otavio and DALMO (practically a saint hehe)

Album «28»
e.sazhe

·
Periquito89
111 Posts
Tks very much Gustavo_Paolo, you brought some finest pics and I love those shots around the stadium, showing the city, buildings... anyway, this "miscelania" that seems to be a rule on your posts. Sad that the girls are running awayyy .... :lol:

Simple and cool light posts around baixada! Very fine design of everything. I said before that this is my favorite stadium but to be fair Arena da Amazônia, Pantanal, etc are all great too.

Too bad is missing some of the classic duels here, like that we had yesterday (Italy x England). But that's ok, I´m getting an overdose watching all games so far :nuts: Very anxious to see Brasilia, Rio (allthought I saw both at Confederations Cup), and Porto Alegre and Curitiba yet to come!

·
AUSHASAHÁUHUS
153 Posts
15/June, 2014 - Sunday ((END))

Happy footballing season everyone, go Brazil hehe
and, good luck to Baixada and Curitiba hosting the event!

On the night before the stadium debuts in the WC.
Dedicated to rafaelpvrBR! From Colmar's place, tonight

Around 7 de Setembro st., approaching the stadium, the green glow projected under the cloud canopy is from Baixada

20:00

Album «29»

My signature:
e.sazhe

To be continued...

·
necropolitano
7,131 Posts
Your photos are always amazing, Gustavo! Thanks a lot for share with us! :)

·
Registered
20,222 Posts
1101 - 1120 of 1335 Posts