SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 352 Posts

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

260 flats, 749 student bedsits with retail (A1), food & drink (A3), health & fitness (D2) in blocks up to 12 storeys.
Developer: Eastside Partnership (Nominee Company Ltd/Taylor Woodrow Dev. Ltd/Unite Integrated Solutions)
Architects: Aedas Architects
Planning ref: C/01734/03/FUL

Number 7 on this map of Eastside:

Photos by mk61

·
SSC Geek
2,795 Posts
Thanks Steven! :cheers:

Do we know what height this will be?

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
7,209 Posts
Why on that map thing does it say number 3 is city park, thats the millenium point and number 2 is city park.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
As to not confuse number 2 with number 3 I think. Number 2 is correct as it is the council site but it merges with the City Park which so having 2 and 3 on the same colour site would just be confusing.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Yep, the tell tale sign of the roofline fencing seem to suggest it's topped out.

·
15,712 Posts
this is the scale of building this area needs!!!!

nice to see, this is how u extend a city centre outwards!

·
SSC Geek
2,795 Posts
Yeah, it's all very well extending the city centre outwards, but to do that surely you build nearest the city centre first? :nuts:

Although of course we'll get good things plugging the gap before too long, and that's what I can't wait for: a whole new district of the city to spring up almost overnight!

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
^^Oh no - you put the cheap stuff out on a limb, then you drive the land prices up of the stuff in between, and give people confidence to build there :)

Thanks for the pics guys :cheers1:

·
Simples
6,668 Posts
Yeah, it's all very well extending the city centre outwards, but to do that surely you build nearest the city centre first? :nuts:

Although of course we'll get good things plugging the gap before too long, and that's what I can't wait for: a whole new district of the city to spring up almost overnight!
For larger sites this is defintily the way to do it.

You start with a plan for the whole area and then start building at both ends and work into the middle. This reduces the chance of the scheme stalling as the value of land in the middle of the area rises with development faster than starting at the end which has the existing high value.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
It is quite imposing! Thanks for the pics.

Also, am I the first to notice the spelling mistake in the thread title?

·
Yep
3,815 Posts
I wonder what the council are going to do with all that grassed over land. That's not part of the park, it's where the Rogers Library should have gone.

Probably sell it once the other developments are under way and the value of the plot has shot up I reckon.

1 - 20 of 352 Posts