Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
'Quaint' would have been a better description than 'cute', which is usually reserved for girls, boys and animals!!

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
^^ here you go

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
INVESTIGATIONS into a suspicious shop fire at Stepney this morning have revealed there were two separate fires inside the building.
The Payneham Rd shop will be demolished because the fire left it structurally unsound and police are asking for anyone with any information to contact them.
Just after 2am, a neighbour behind the shop heard an explosion, noticed flames and called 000.
MFS spokesman John Foody said firefighters arrived to find glass shattered all over the road and one of the external walls collapsed.
"Initial concerns were of ensuring everyone was accounted for and it appeared to be a vacant building," he said.
"There were concerns about the structural integrity of the building.
"Fortunately one of the first arrival officers had structural knowledge and crews were able to enter the building to extinguish the fire".
It took about ten minutes to control and douse the blaze, which has left a damage bill of around $300,000.
Fire investigators were on scene with police for several hours to determine the exact cause of the blaze.
SES volunteers were also called to the property.
Police closed the section of Payneham Rd, opposite the Maid and Magpie Hotel, while the shop was bulldozed.
Investigations are continuing.
Meanwhile, firefighters and police called to a unit fire at Ascot Park just after 8am found it had been caused by a cannabis-growing set-up.
When they arrived, a room of the Fifth Ave property had been fully engulfed by flames.
It appears the room was used for a hydroponic cannabis operation and electrical wiring has been blamed for starting the blaze.
Police are "speaking to" to a male occupant, 27, in relation to the drugs.
Personally I thought it was one of the worst buildings in Adelaide and am thankful it is going to be demolished.
I was a little surprised when I saw a picture in a thread titled 'Cute Adelaide'

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
look at the bent stobie pole. :lol: I live down the road a bit, and I always thought it was a cute little shop, but it did look like it was beyond repair, so I wouldnt be surprised if it was a 'organised fire', since the land would be worth a bit

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
look at the bent stobie pole. :lol: I live down the road a bit, and I always thought it was a cute little shop, but it did look like it was beyond repair, so I wouldnt be surprised if it was a 'organised fire', since the land would be worth a bit
Exactly what I thought when I saw the owners 'surprised' face on the news yesterday...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice pics, you got to my street, (Brougham Place) but I am surprised you didn't end up taking a picture of my house ;)

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pics, you got to my street, (Brougham Place) but I am surprised you didn't end up taking a picture of my house ;)
They are pictures from the flickr members I linked to in my first post.
In any event, your street must be pretty cosy.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Very nice Giorgio you are quite the snapper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts