Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[InKunming--Kunming] Ecological Tourism Culture Circle, a project that aims at promoting ecological environment and tourism around Dianchi Lake in Kunming, was officially launched yesterday (June 24).
The Ecological Tourism Culture Circle include 4 parts, namely Yongchang Wetland (永昌湿地), Haigeng Park (海埂公园), Yinhe Wetland Park (银河湿地公园) and Haigeng Dam(海埂大坝). The whole project is estimated to be finished in the end of 2016.
The area will provide places for residents to enjoy themselves including art performance, fitness exercise, culture display, sightseeing, etc..
A subproject, Non-motorized Transportation System, is expected to be finished on December 30. By then, bicycle riders and pedestrian can enjoy themselves, such as take exercises or go sightseeing on the specific non-motorized roads .
According to the programme, the non-motorized transportation system, which is to be built in a length of 115 kilometers along the Dianchi lake, contains a 70-kilometer-long road that is only for bicycle riders and pedestrian.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cool! I haven't been to Kunming in 7 years, I guess I wouldn't recognise the city anymore. Sounds like a great way to see the lake.

The toll gates are very interesting, how much do you have to pay to get in? Do you pay with a public transport card or some special card? First time I see a toll road for bikes, very original :)

·
125,316 Posts
Shenzhen plans bicycle-only roads
Jan 15, 2020
Shenzhen Daily Excerpt

IN a move to build a bicycle-friendly city, the city is trying to create a 393-km bicycle commuting network backboned by six bicycle express roads and 12 bicycle trunk roads in the coming years.

According to the latest plan on bicycle transport development released Monday by the Shenzhen transport bureau on its official website, http://jtys.sz.gov.cn, seeking public suggestions, the city will start planning cross-region bicycle roads that link Kuichong and Dapeng, Shekou and Liuxiandong, Futian and Luohu districts, in addition to cross-district roads between Longhua and Futian, and Longhua and Nanshan.

Additionally, the city will build bicycle lanes along the coast, and around Longhua greenway, Guangming greenway and the water bodies and mountains in Bao’an District.

Through traffic improvement and the construction of facilities linking Metro stations, the city will build at least 300 km of bicycle lanes. The bicycle lanes will cover 70 percent of the city’s roads by 2025 and share 10 percent of public transport ridership.

The move aims to satisfy the needs of residents for short commutes, leisure and sports, and attract short-trip car drivers to turn to bicycles.

More : http://www.szdaily.com/content/2020-01/15/content_22778107.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts