SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DEADLINE PASSED! SEE PAGE 5

Cyprus have been picked to host the UEFA Womens Euro Championships. They need 6 stadiums to host it, 5 have already been decided. These are:
Neo GSP Stadium (Nicosia) 23,400
Makario Stadium (Nicosia) 16,000
Tsirion Stadium (Limassol) 13,150
Antonis Papadopoulos Stadium (Larnaca) 9,300
Paralimni Stadium (Paralimni) 5,800
You have been asked by the Cyprus Football Association to build a new find a suitable location, and show plans for, a new stadium to be used in the championships and then afterwards by a future tenant. It must have a good infrastructure, and be accessible by fans from all around Europe. This includes having good transport links to a local town or city, bust still as close as possible to the town centre. If the train or bus links are not sufficient, it should have a car park capable of holding the cars the crowd uses to attend. You must be able to show its location on a map, as well as renders, screenshots or an uploaded model to show the designs of the stadium. It must also have some VIP and press facilities.
It must hold between 8,000 and 20,000 people, and it must reach Category 1 ground grading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories
This also means the stadium must have a suitable camera gantry, permanent or temporary. Standing is allowed, but at least 8,000 seats is required. Temporary stadiums and stands are allowed, and a roof is not a requirement.

Post your entries here. The deadline is now on the 7th of July at 6.30pm BST. Any questions, just ask or message me. Good Luck!!!

·
Hey
193 Posts
There is nothing against Athletic stadiums being used in European competitions. 2-3 of the Poland/Ukraine stadiums have running tracks around the track. But just remember it is primarily made for this football tournament. Then again Athletics could be a good way to find future tenants?
Obviously it's not my competition so it's not down to me, but that's my view on it.
Hopefully I'll find time between my exams and going away to put an entry in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is there any kind of budget? Will i be deducted points if the stadium would be too expensive for the particular town to afford?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can it be an athletic stadium?
Yes, Athletic stadiums are fine. This also might be a good idea if you cant find a local football team to take over after the event, which isnt manatory but is important.

Question: Can you demolish an existing stadium to build a new one? (One that you haven't listed above as a host)
Yes, but you must explain why that is worth doing and why the stadium was not any good before. If should be in a state that means it couldnt have been used in the competiotion itself, or there is no point doing it.

Is there any kind of budget? Will i be deducted points if the stadium would be too expensive for the particular town to afford?
It was planning to do it by voting, not by any kind of points system, but voters should consider how viable the stadium would be. There is no budget as such but you shouldn't do something too unrealistic. The town would not be funding it, the Cyprus FA would, but they still dont have an unlimited amount of money.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is there any requirement for the maximum building area?
Could it has some training grounds?
How many photos should the presentation has? And what should the photos contain? I mean an aerial, stands, facade, and what?
Thank u

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any requirement for the maximum building area?
Could it has some training grounds?
How many photos should the presentation has? And what should the photos contain? I mean an aerial, stands, facade, and what?
Thank u
No maximum building area, but it is your job to find a suitable location (Go on Google Maps and find an unused area of land somehere in Cyprus, preferably near a City or Town. Bear in mind sites that have not been built on before like a field would be more expensive to buy and build on, but that dosent matter too much.

It can have training grounds and extra pitches, that might be a good idea as it will affect future uses and attract tenants after the event.

A presentation should be about 6 shots imo, but there is no limit and if you have things to show, show them. It should include an arial photo, a shot from inside, a shot of any VIP or press facilities (Like a shot of the main stand or side) and an exterior shot showing the facade from the ground. And if possible a layout of the site and a map showing its location as well, but it is your prresentation, so there arent really any rules regarding that. Just show what you've got.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It was planning to do it by voting, not by any kind of points system, but voters should consider how viable the stadium would be. There is no budget as such but you shouldn't do something too unrealistic. The town would not be funding it, the Cyprus FA would, but they still dont have an unlimited amount of money.[/QUOTE]

thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
144 Posts
If the stadium has temporary seats does it matter so long as it meats the 2,000 permanent seats?

Also does the stadium need VIP boxes for the Womens euro?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the stadium has temporary seats does it matter so long as it meats the 2,000 permanent seats?

Also does the stadium need VIP boxes for the Womens euro?
It doesent acctualy have to have any perminant seats, if you want you could do a completely temporary stadium. Temporary stands or stadiums are fine.

It does not neccacarily need to have VIP Boxes, just VIP facilities, like reserved seats which should be at least 0.5m wide and function rooms for VIP's to eat and drink, and go before and after the game. There should also be at least 20 VIP parking spaces, to meet UEFA catogary 1 ground grading. There must be at least 50 VIP seats in total.

See this:
To meet catogary 1 ground grading, it does not need to have any VIP hospitality area, but for this it does.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Found a location, just to start planning my build now.

Can we decide whether the stadium we design is a group stage stadium, semi final stadium, or final stadium?

·
Registered
144 Posts
It doesent acctualy have to have any perminant seats, if you want you could do a completely temporary stadium. Temporary stands or stadiums are fine.

It does not neccacarily need to have VIP Boxes, just VIP facilities, like reserved seats which should be at least 0.5m wide and function rooms for VIP's to eat and drink, and go before and after the game. There should also be at least 20 VIP parking spaces, to meet UEFA catogary 1 ground grading. There must be at least 50 VIP seats in total.

See this:
To meet catogary 1 ground grading, it does not need to have any VIP hospitality area, but for this it does.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can we decide whether the stadium we design is a group stage stadium, semi final stadium, or final stadium?
That depends to how big the stadium you build is. If you build an 8,000 capacity stadium, it will be used for the group stages and maybe a QF match. If it is holds 20,000 it will host the semi's and the third placed final. A stadium holding between 10 and 14 thousand with good facilities, which is ideal, will probably host a Quater final match as well as Group Matches, and maybe the 3rd placed final as well if it has great facilities to go with the smaller capacity.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I know this doesn't directly pertain to this thread but does anyone know a fast way to put seats in a stadium with curves stands? im short on time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fill accross one line of the curve, create a component then paste the component onto each line. That's if they're the same length.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Stadium idea planned out and should be around 15,000. 3 stands same, and a special main stand ;) All docked in Cyprus' colours!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts