SkyscraperCity Forum banner
4441 - 4460 of 4628 Posts

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
I/35, numbered as a first class road, is actually around Liberec in a length of approx. 35km a motorway-like expressway and is, if I understand it correctly, tolled. However, there is no untolled alternative route, those, who don't want to pay, must take a huge detour of narrow roads. Is it accepted in Czechia, what is the public opinion about this and similar cases?

·
Steve's Photo Gallery
7,640 Posts
Dálnice D56 + D48, Frýdek-Místek southwestern bypass, 2.2 km + 4.3 km, u/c 2018 - 2022, November 2021:

Dálnice D48, Frýdek-Místek southeastern bypass, 4.3 km, u/c 2019 - 2022, November 2021:

Silnice I/67, Karviná bypass, 3 km, u/c 2020 - 2022, November 2021:

Silnice I/27, Šlovice - Přeštice, 6.1 km, u/c 2020 - 2024, November 2021:

Silnice I/68, Třanovice - Nebory, 5.4 km, u/c 2019 - 2022, November 2021:

·
58,510 Posts

·
Registered
14,541 Posts

Google Translate is not be perfect with legal text. But it sounds like the missing link of D1 at Přerov can proceed? Maybe a native Czech speaker can elaborate?
The final construction permit is not yet there. This court proceedings was about the regional zonal planning changes needed for the construction. The regional zonal plans were changed and this change was attacked by greenies. The court however decided that the activities of the groups that attacked the decision had no connection to the matter on which they attacked those regional zonal plan changes. They did it purely because they wanted the decision having annulled. The Children of the Earth can still go to a higher instance with this.

The construction permit is another matter. It exists, it has been issued, however it is still not having final validation as it is attacked in several proceedings.

·
58,510 Posts
A 3.5 km segment of D7 has opened to traffic at Panenský Týnec. This connects to another brief segment of D7 at Sulec which opened in 2009.

According to ŘSD, the construction of D7 from Prague to Chomutov should conclude by 2028. They plan to start the final segments over the next few years, with the Postoloprty bypass being the last to be completed.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Interesting video. It seems that a lot of primary and secondary roads have been (or should be) rededicated.

First, E67 is routed via D11 up to exit 108, and continues on I-33 as it already did.
I-11 is no longer indicated at exit 90 (former motorway end) but II-611. I assume that it was also downgraded all the way westbound to Poděbrady (I-32)*? Can anyone confirm?
I-35 and I-11 are indicated at exit 95 now, which makes pretty much sense since I-11 continues through Hradec Králové heading eastwards.
No road numbers are indicated at exit 104 but exit 108 indicates II-611 with dashed line (means "to II-611"). I-33 is only indicated on the (temporary) additional sign together with E67.
II-611 is also indicated southbound at the roundabout where D11 currently ends (Jaroměř-North), means that I-37 must have been downgraded through Jaroměř.
I-33 must also have been downgraded to II-611 all the way from Hradec Králové to Jaroměř.

I-33 will start at the D11 exit Jaroměř-North once the northern bypass of Jaroměř will be put into service (2024?), and E67 will also be routed this way, as we can see on the sign at 3:12 of the video.

I assume that I-33 currently starts in Jaroměř at the II-611 junction (former I-33/I-37). Can anyone confirm?

Edit:

* I-36 is indicated being II-211 on OSM now. However, only from Pardubice (I-37) to D11 exit 68. The short section up to I-11 (which should be II-611 now) is still indicated being I-36. I assume that the latter was also downgraded?

Will I-36 from Pardubice to the new D35 exit at Časy also be downgraded? Also II-211?

·
Registered
335 Posts
According to ŘSD, the construction of D7 from Prague to Chomutov should conclude by 2028. They plan to start the final segments over the next few years, with the Postoloprty bypass being the last to be completed.
Whilst building new stretches of motorway ist great, i was thinking of more urgent improvements. Right now it is just doubling already built bypasses. But still the very small village of Pisek is cut through and the traffic lights for a pedestrian crossing close to the airport remain. Strange priorities!

·
Registered
Road Signs Enthusiast
1,187 Posts
Interesting video. It seems that a lot of primary and secondary roads have been (or should be) rededicated.

First, E67 is routed via D11 up to exit 108, and continues on I-33 as it already did.
I-11 is no longer indicated at exit 90 (former motorway end) but II-611. I assume that it was also downgraded all the way westbound to Poděbrady (I-32)*? Can anyone confirm?
Yes, it was.

I-35 and I-11 are indicated at exit 95 now, which makes pretty much sense since I-11 continues through Hradec Králové heading eastwards.
No road numbers are indicated at exit 104 but exit 108 indicates II-611 with dashed line (means "to II-611"). I-33 is only indicated on the (temporary) additional sign together with E67.
II-611 is also indicated southbound at the roundabout where D11 currently ends (Jaroměř-North), means that I-37 must have been downgraded through Jaroměř.
I-33 must also have been downgraded to II-611 all the way from Hradec Králové to Jaroměř.

I-33 will start at the D11 exit Jaroměř-North once the northern bypass of Jaroměř will be put into service (2024?), and E67 will also be routed this way, as we can see on the sign at 3:12 of the video.

I assume that I-33 currently starts in Jaroměř at the II-611 junction (former I-33/I-37). Can anyone confirm?
I/33 now starts at exit 108. All these changes are only on signs, downgrading process with legal succesion of roads from state to regions is a long-term work taking several years to finish.

Edit:

* I-36 is indicated being II-211 on OSM now. However, only from Pardubice (I-37) to D11 exit 68. The short section up to I-11 (which should be II-611 now) is still indicated being I-36. I assume that the latter was also downgraded?

Will I-36 from Pardubice to the new D35 exit at Časy also be downgraded? Also II-211?
I/36 is downgraded all the way from Pardubice to II/611.
As for the section from Pardubice-Doubravice to Časy, there is a plan for a new northern bypass called I/36 Pardubice, Trnová - Fáblovka - Dubina. Currently this section is being tendered. So I/36 will start at Doubravice at I/37.

·
Registered
Road Signs Enthusiast
1,187 Posts
Open Street Map shows that a brief segment of I/36 still exists from Chlumec nad Cidlinou to the D11 interchange. Is this also renumbered?

Yes, the official decision on renumbering was issued in February 2021 along with the I/11 stretch from Poděbrady to Hr. Králové - Kukleny.

But honestly, signs haven't been changed so far, therefore you may still encounter signs for I/11 and I/36 on these roads. The situation along the new stretches of D11 to Jaroměř is different, ŘSD plans to finish the renumbering process on signs in first half of 2022, ahead of the official re-classification.

4441 - 4460 of 4628 Posts