SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think that we should think about our country banner again. Please use this thread to submit propositions.

I went to Chodov the other day and took a couple of pics and tried to create a banner. I think that Prague is the first obvious choice for a banner but on the other hand its historic landmarks have been presented many tims on this forum. And did anyone say that Prague doesn´t have a modern skyline?

Diferent versions:

I would be happy if I had a better camera but this is the best I can get out of my crappy compact Kodak...

Anyways, feel free to discuss and if you can, propose your own banners. Other cities are welcome.

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
You did some nice work jazapp but sorry, that skyline is ugly. Moreover it was bit flattened. I wouldn't choose any of these three, the view is interesting though.

Ještě by to něco chtělo, možná bych někdy zkusil noční pohled. Ale celkově si myslím že Pankrác zatím není nic k ukazování.

·
6,874 Posts
I like the banners, but it looks very dark and cloudy....doesnt even show the Prague Castle or the Charles bridge....

I have a skyview from the church in the Prague Castle taking in a few directions. Intrested?

·
ab.us.er
2,035 Posts
...I like no.3 :eek:kay:

I like the banners, but it looks very dark and cloudy....doesnt even show the Prague Castle or the Charles bridge....
I like THAT clouds! :)

Prague Castle and Charles bridge? again? let's try something else and completely different ;)

I have a skyview from the church in the Prague Castle taking in a few directions. Intrested?
:yes:

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Nr.1 is cool. However, I don't like Prague;)

·
6,874 Posts
Reasonable question. When Czechs say they don't like Prague they rather mean the people and the big-city-lifestyle; than the city.
In Canada everyone hates Toronto. But its everything.
People, the money its getting, the crimes it committing, the arrogance its producing, the immigrants, the pollution, the traffic, the slums and so forth...

They just look down on you when you tell them your from Toronto.
Went so bad that they made a documentary about it....

:lol:

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Reasonable question. When Czechs say they don't like Prague they rather mean the people and the big-city-lifestyle; than the city.
Well, I don't like more the city itself.

People, the crimes it committing, the arrogance its producing, the immigrants, the pollution, the traffic and so forth...
right;) + the army of homeless, no trees in streets, vast suburbia..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are more than welcome to propose a Liberec banner then.

2 kokpit - I don´t thik that Pankrác is amazing yet it is a very definite cluster of CBD buildings. And personaly I think that even though Prague is known as a "city without skyscrapers" this skyline is better than of any CE/EE city except Warsaw and Moscow

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well in any case I am definitely against banner like this:

here is a couple more suggestions (not final banners, more like inspiration)

And I personally would like to have something like this (from a great photo taken by Bolik):

·
6,874 Posts
What about posting the Placin (or whatever the name is) and then mixing it with the Prague castle? Any Photoshop wizards?

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
You are more than welcome to propose a Liberec banner then.
You mean something like this? :)

However I have better ideas about Lbc banner.. now how to realize them.. :D

And I found this interesting foto of Jested on Dev-Art :)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts