83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction giant relocating to D-FW area

04:02 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 10, 2005

From Staff and Wire Reports

Fluor Corp 58.16
4:00 PM ET -0.14

Previous close: 58.30
Fluor Corp., the biggest publicly traded U.S. construction and engineering company, is moving its headquarters to the Dallas-Fort Worth area from Southern California to be closer to its East Coast and Texas clients.

The move is expected to be finished by next year, Aliso Viejo, Calif.-based Fluor said in a statement. About 490 people work at the headquarters, of whom 100 will move to Texas. About 80 workers will move to other company locations and about 100 will likely leave. About 70 people will be hired in Texas.

Most of the company's North American customers are located in Texas or the East Coast, and the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport provides good travel connections to customers in other locations, Chief Executive Officer Alan Boeckmann said in a statement.

A final decision on location in the Dallas-Fort Worth area will be made in the next few weeks, according to the company statement.

Also Online

Business analyst David Johnson explains the significance
Over the past two years, the company has relocated several senior executives closer to the customers they serve.

The company reportedly selected the Dallas-Fort Worth area because of its accessibility to global clients, and its proximity to East Coast financial centers and Washington, D.C.

Fluor provides services in the engineering, procurement, construction, operations, maintenance and project management fields. The company had revenues of $9.4 billion in 2004.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I see that the Metroplex is hoppin' these days. I've heard nothing but good things about that area.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
^ ROFL! Go Baabbbbeee!!!

The metroplex has always attracted companies big and small and I dont see it stopping any time soon. Like the article hints, it is a great location for business.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you had told somebody in the 80's that someday companies would be leaving southern california, that would have thought that you were crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts