Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Biscayne Corridor Realtor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Legal: These are projects that for the most part are behind the original building schedule and have not started going vertical yet. The following list represents only the opinion of the poster and should not be relied on as fact. Please contact the developers directly to find out current project status.

I do expect a few of these to eventually go skyward but how many and which ones should be enough banter to sustain a new thread.

1. Electra (147 units) 3601 N Miami Ave
2. Silverton (112 units) 300 NW 36 st
3. Midtown 3 (269 units) 3401 NE 1st Ave
4. Midtown 5 (275 units) 3201 NE 1st Ave
5. Midtown 6 (398 units) 3401 NE 1st Ave
6. 5th Avenue Lofts (32 units) 440 NE 35 Terr
7. Seven Flats (7 units) 434 NE 35 Terr
8. Blvd. (127 units) 3360 Biscayne Blvd.
9. Sky Residences (36 units) 640 NE 34 St
10. Park Lane Towers (143 units) 345 NE 32 St
11. Ice (100 units) 701 NE 31st Ave
12. Element/Ice II (108 units) 620 NE 31st Ave
13. Soleil (288 units) 3100 Biscayne Blvd.
14. Lima (207 units) 2955 Biscayne Blvd.
15. Platinum on the Bay (320 units) 711 NE 29 St
16. Onyx II (117 units) 460-62 NE 28 ST
17. Vista Biscayne (46 units) 436-452 NE 29 St
18. Seven 7 (84 units) 2728 NE 2nd Ave
19. District Lofts (89 units) 2751 Biscayne Blvd.
20. Lyghte (27 units) 527 NE 27 ST
21. Pompeii (98 units) 301 NW 23 St
22. SOHO (95 units) 601-15 NE 23 ST
23. Portico (324 units) 1837 NE 4th Ave
24. Ellipse (267 units) 1776 Biscayne Blvd.
25. Cardinal Symphony (896 units) 1650 Biscayne Blvd.
26. The Chelsea (365 units) 1550 Biscayne Blvd.
27. 1490 Biscayne (850 units) 1400 Biscayne Blvd.
28. City Square Towers (942 units) 1401 Biscayne Blvd.
29. Marquis II (430 units) 111 NE 11 St
30. Paramount Park (467 units) 700 Biscayne Blvd.
31. Freedom Square Tower (678 units) 600 Biscayne Blvd.
32. Lyric Promenade (260 units) 8/9 Sts NW 1/2 aves Overtown
33. Lynx (521 units) 16 SE 2 ST
34. Met 3 ??? i hope I'm wrong but I'm not getting a good feeling)!
35. Epic 2 (stats unknown)
36. Reflections on the River (125 units) 201-27 SW 6 ST
37. Brickell Citi Centre (2,424 units) 700 S Miami Ave
38. Premiere Towers (560 units) 850 S Miami Ave
39. The Beacon (228 units) 30 SE 8th ST
40. Skyline at Mary Brickell Village (369 units) 900 SW 1st Ave
41. Brickell View Terrace (119 units) 936 SW 1 Ave
42. West Brickell Centre (183 units) 267 SW 11 ST
43. Brickell Station (232 units) (3rd 500 Brickell tower)
44. Brickell Flatiron (554 units) 1001 S Miami Ave
45. 1101 Brickell (400 units) 1101 Brickell Avenue
46. 1080 Brickell Avenue (315 units) 1080 Brickell Ave
47. The Pointe at Brickell Village (330 units) 1100 S Miami Ave
48. Villa Magna (787 units) 1201 Brickell Bay Dr.
49. Infinity II (559 units) 1300 S Miami Ave
50. Capital (834 units) 1420 S. Miami Ave

Honorable mentions: Kubik and Unika lofts (not in downtown but cool projects)

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
groundwork

I DON'T THINK CAPITAL OR KUBIK SHOULD BE ON THAT LIST CONSIDERING THEY HAVE BOTH DONE GROUNDWORK
Well in the case of Kubik they did ground work a while back and now the site seems abandoned. Shame if true because a quality project like this in that area would have little if any competition.

Capital I'm a bit more optimistic about but I just can't picture anyone building anything that big in downtown for at least a year to let the market absorb some of the inventory. Could the smaller Capital tower start going up in the next year? yes but I have my doubts.

Groundwork or even a foundation isn't a guarantee that a building will be finished I have to see a Marquis level of commitment before I start to breathe easier

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Great post Taller...very impressive first outing!
One caveat to keep in mind. Many of the land owners were interested in getting approvals PRIOR to Miami 21 taking effect just in case their parcels were down zoned. The logic is to keep the value in the land by filing a Burt Harris claim if the city did downzone.
In other words, just because they drew plans and submitted for approval, doesn't mean that they even intended to develop at all let alone in the immediate future.

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

Great post Taller...very impressive first outing!
One caveat to keep in mind. Many of the land owners were interested in getting approvals PRIOR to Miami 21 taking effect just in case their parcels were down zoned. The logic is to keep the value in the land by filing a Burt Harris claim if the city did downzone.
In other words, just because they drew plans and submitted for approval, doesn't mean that they even intended to develop at all let alone in the immediate future.
Glad you enjoyed it, it took forever to type up!

It's true about the land owners maxing out on their highest and best use pre M21 but I'm sure a significant number wanted to build originally.

I'd love to hear a few people post the list of 3 buildings with the most chances of going up relatively soon?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It's pretty grim...but I handled it better than I thought I would.:gaah:

At least for now I think we need to add

Cube and COR:fiddle:

The worst news I think is 3Midtown. Without it, Midtown is not an mini city, and I think it was the best design,:angel1:

Park Lane Towers...that was f---ing beautiful . It's a huge loss:master:

Platinum on the Bay. Tragedy. Edgy, risky new form for a tower.:eek:hno:

Soleil Lima Onyx 2 Come on! We need one TALL building in Edgewater!!:bash:

I thought District Lofts was a very cool midsize. Blvd was a nice Chad knockoff.:goodbye:

Lyghte would have been real nice!:)

I believe Freedom Sq and Paramount Park will happen in a couple of years.:banana:

I don't think 1490 or Chelsea or Cardinal Symphony (Which also was NICE) will happen.

Brickell Flatiron was every bit as...I'd say more Iconic that One Bayfront Plaza.

Sayonarra to Skyline MBV See ya wouldn't want to be ya.:banana:

Epic 2 ah f--- it we got Epic one.

Boy it's all pretty painful.:hammer:

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Basically, most of the really interesting designs are not getting built.
The most interesting designs are usually the most expensive to build, and sadly, not many experienced developers will touch adventourous architects. Ten Museum had some of the architect's money in the project, and another notable exception would be the Carlos Ott Jade Beach and Jade Ocean.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Yikes! That list is longer than I had imagined.

Still, who really thought everything would go up? That's pretty much the nature of any boom. Rampant speculation leads to more than the market can bear and some stuff is bound to flop.

I guess it's safe to say that Met3 remains the one to be nervous about since it would have a real impact on the skyline and is a pretty decent design. Is there ANY genuine news (not speculation) on it lately? It seems pretty obvious the project hit some roadblocks given how long ago it was first announced, but is there tangible evidence that it's definitely going to happen?

Sure hope so...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yikes! That list is longer than I had imagined.

Still, who really thought everything would go up? That's pretty much the nature of any boom. Rampant speculation leads to more than the market can bear and some stuff is bound to flop.

I guess it's safe to say that Met3 remains the one to be nervous about since it would have a real impact on the skyline and is a pretty decent design. Is there ANY genuine news (not speculation) on it lately? It seems pretty obvious the project hit some roadblocks given how long ago it was first announced, but is there tangible evidence that it's definitely going to happen?

Sure hope so...
About 3 weeks ago I spoke with someone at the MET office and they told me that will be building MET 3. Due to the design changes on MET 2 they had to funnel some extra money and effort. She told me that they will begin going vertical on MET 3 in the fourth quarter of this year 2007. So, unless that b$#@% lied to me; let's hope for something between OCT-Dec.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That is really sad about the Midtown projects. That had a lot of prosperity. It would have been great for them to build everything they wanted to build. However, that is way things go. That list is long but very true. Who really thought all that was going to get built really. But have no fear, there will always be another boom and from what I hear this office boom is going to perpetuate another condo boom. So let's keep are finger's crossed. So on and so fourth

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
You could add 1080 Brickell [315 units] or Brickell Station (the 3rd 500 Brickell tower) [232 units] to the list as well.

What about office towers like 2222 Biscayne or 3333 Biscayne? Anyone think either will get out of the ground? 3333 was a great design, 2222 not so much...

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
The most interesting designs are usually the most expensive to build, and sadly, not many experienced developers will touch adventourous architects. Ten Museum had some of the architect's money in the project, and another notable exception would be the Carlos Ott Jade Beach and Jade Ocean.
It's probably just the luck-of-the-draw for Miami, since other cities seem to be getting their most interesting designs built. As a fan of Miami, that's what stings.

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks

You could add 1080 Brickell [315 units] or Brickell Station (the 3rd 500 Brickell tower) [232 units] to the list as well....
I added those two to the list and that made it a full 50. It will be my pleasure to update this list if one or more start rising.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
About 3 weeks ago I spoke with someone at the MET office and they told me that will be building MET 3. Due to the design changes on MET 2 they had to funnel some extra money and effort. She told me that they will begin going vertical on MET 3 in the fourth quarter of this year 2007. So, unless that b$#@% lied to me; let's hope for something between OCT-Dec.
The Director:) , my friend,
You spoke to my special sales lady there 3 weeks ago,
and MET 3 will be built BEFORE MET SQUARE :cheers:
and YES , the end of this year, when the sales center moves into the Lobby of MET 1, and Clears the MET Square site for the MET 3 construcrtion workers parking, All this and a Vertical of MET 3 rising EARLY, 2008!!!
BELIEVE ME:nuts: , everyone, MET 3 will be completed by the end of 2012, The sales are already past the half way mark as said there at the sales center,
It has to be done , and It will :cheers: :banana: :cheers:
the special sales ladies there aways lets me have most of the leftover Ocean Drive Mags on the lounge table in the lobby there while the ladies are talking with you.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts