SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fans of Q1 (Worlds Tallest Resi) on the GC in Australia will soon see her sister rise in Dubai! Lucky Dubai as usual!;)

Sunland signs deal to create Q1's sister
The Gold Coast Bulletin 17May06

GOLD Coast development giant Sunland Group has signed a joint venture agreement with Arabtec, the largest construction group in the United Arab Emirates, to replicate its homegrown high-profile projects in the Middle East.

The company's international division Emirates Sunland Group will work with Arabtec to begin construction on the Palazzo Versace Dubai and D1 an 80-storey residential tower similar to the record-setting Surfers Paradise tower Q1.

Both projects will be built on the Culture Village site on Dubai Creek and are valued at about $400 million.

"The D1 will be the sister building to the Q1, just like Dubai is the sister city to the Gold Coast," said Sunland managing director Sahba Abedian yesterday.

"The concept of an iconic building that has some association with the Gold Coast and that is something of significance to the city is something we have wanted to introduce in Dubai for some time.

"The height of the D1 is not yet finalised and while it won't be identical to the Q1, there will certainly be some similarities in design," he said.

As the largest construction group in the UAE, Arabtec has more than 25,000 employees.

The group is now constructing 30 towers valued at $3 billion, ranging from 34 to 60 storeys, of which 16 are residential apartment buildings.

Arabtec is also a partner in the joint venture that is building Burj Dubai, set to be the world's tallest structure at 750m.

The agreement with Arabtec comes two months after Australia's richest man James Packer splashed out $70 million to buy 13 per cent of Sunland.

Mr Packer's Consolidated Press Holdings is interested in Sunland's offshore projects, particularly its Dubai ventures.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
we heard this some time ago in Dubai.

it is in the arabian bays project, where, as they said, the versace hotel is.

according to one of our forumers, (Sa boy) this one is going to be over 300 of course.

another supertall for Dubai.

i expect the arabian bays project to be launched soon, within the next half a year.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I broke news of D1 like over 6 months ago on the Q1 thread, course no one believed me:p

I guess in Dubai D1/Q1 won't be quite the tallie it is on the Gold Coast, but I'm curious to see the similarities to Q1, it's almost going to be like a next gen Q1 i guess.

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
it is planned to have 12 more floors ie 92 floors and have an almost identical floor plate, heard thew glass will be more green than blue ie azure but apart from that mostly the same

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Innovarchi architects.

'Sunland's next, a $400 million big one in Dubai which, briefed to evoke the Sydney Olympic torch, looks at this stage elegantly Aurora-esque, its furled glass layers like "pearlescent veils on the edge of the desert" in Ken McBryde's words.'

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
malec said:
I thought they specifically said there would be no highrises in the culture village
malec this is not in culture village but in the arabian bays project which has not yet been launched.

apparently u don't read my posts ;)

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
Hope it has full lenght spire and roof feature unlike Q1

1 - 20 of 27 Posts