SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Absolutely it will be the rich who will survive/get away. It is so unfair but that is god for you! Lol

But seriously, don't put too much credence in these gloom and doom predictions. I read about Iran's water crisis and if the population increased anymore, how there was going to be only enough water for another 5 years, back in the Shah's era! In the UK it has been a constant ever changing dateline regarding impact of immigration on food supplies or prices, or even water with all the rain!! It's mad. We were all supposed to run out of oil by 1990 max too. It's really funny because when you see press on these issues, the spin is not that evident, but looking at articles from the past and the predictions that were being made for example in the 70s, you can tell when there is an agenda driving the conclusions. I actually experienced this first hand in my own studies. Research world is even more 'directed' by money and funding nowadays unfortunately. Environmental harm is a fact but the predictions around it are always lumped in with 'ifs and buts' that are usually ignored when reported. They very rarely reflect reality. Like in Iran's drought right now, the chances are the El Ninio patterns have played a major part in its endurance but that is left out and global warming, a far far less accurate and unpredictable factor is always mentioned. By me as well I sadly have to add!

21 - 21 of 21 Posts