SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Villeurbanne
4,589 Posts
i like the architectural style ! So much better than the international style IMO, but i hope that it is adapted to the "ecological way"...
Anyway great project for the moment, i hope to get more about it soon !

·
Registered
11,172 Posts
Wonderful. I am eager to see what African cities will look like in 2020 with all the building proposals and basic infrastructure upgrades which are being proposed and some of which are now under construction in various countries. These are interesting times for Africa.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The film said that there is also a Stock Exchange in the project and Dakar barely has over 1 million people. Don't you guys think that is a little too small a population of a city to support it's own stock exchange?

I mean, not even most Western capitals with a similar population have their own stock exchange's.

(I'm just being realistic.)

·
Mister One Million
5,485 Posts
Beautiful project.

The film said that there is also a Stock Exchange in the project and Dakar barely has over 1 million people. Don't you guys think that is a little too small a population of a city to support it's own stock exchange?

I mean, not even most Western capitals with a similar population have their own stock exchange's.

(I'm just being realistic.)
Historically, cities far smaller than Dakar have had stock exchanges: for instance, Amsterdam and Paris in bygone centuries. Dakar is the largest city in the country. Where else would they put it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts