41 - 60 of 326 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,689 Posts
i hope its for the main tower.

·
Mosher "K"
1,310 Posts
damn, I like the first design, this design looks so ordinary,not speacail enough for the tallest in north east.

·
forests
234 Posts
So, yesterday I took a walk around this area, and there is a lot of construction. It felt like just one square mile of nothing but dug up ground. I think the holes I took pictures of are the right ones, I didn't see the signs...

This is standing near the Port Passenger Terminal looking South/West (I think)

Frame of reference: The stadium in the top left of this picture would be just off to the left of the first picture.

Oops:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Wow - China is really pumping out the projects.

Although I do like the second render, I like the first more.

The first reminds me of 'The Tower' in the movie Towering Inferno - one of the factors that made me a skyscraper lover as a kid. :)

:cheers:
Ray.

·
forests
234 Posts
Cut and paste of 大连市 (Dalian's) up and coming 超高层 (supertalls).

Based on approximate height and width comparisons to near by buildings. Dalian Eton towers are lower because they are actually at a lower elevation than their secondary towers. The proposed Greenland Center is the same elevation as the Wanda Towers (tallest 279m, black buildings just to the left of GC).

·
forests
234 Posts
^^ Are you sure about the elevation? Greenland is at sea level afaik.
So, I took the cutout, tried to make it just slightly thicker than the Wanda Towers, then placed GCs center mark just below the tops of them. GC and Wanda are both at the same elevation.

Do you think the GC looks too big?

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So, I took the cutout, tried to make it just slightly thicker than the Wanda Towers, then placed GCs center mark just below the tops of them. GC and Wanda are both at the same elevation.

Do you think the GC looks too big?
It looks fantastic :)

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,689 Posts
i like the design, its nothing compared to the first, but still its a very unique building and it will make the skyline special :)

41 - 60 of 326 Posts