SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Banned
35,758 Posts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a decade or so of rumors and gossip, we finally have something reliable about this one coming back!

http://www.daliandaily.com.cn/newsdl/content/2011-12/09/content_221780.htm

Google translation

This year, the city government building company based on my requirements, design and construction of the original 78 ground floor, re-planning and design for a total of 107-story, 500 meters of the "second five" Dalian Shide landmark project, and intend to re-tender construction. However, developers and construction side appeared on the performance of the contract failed to resolve a long dispute, the construction side occupy the site does not withdraw, resulting in delays in re-engineering projects can not start a direct impact on the overall development of business circles. Center Building company Construction Group AG as a defendant, Enterprise Group for the third person to the Dalian Intermediate People's Court proceedings, the request to lift the group signed with the construction of the "Construction Contract", the defendant delivered project file, leave the project site. The defendant then filed a counterclaim, requiring payment of arrears Center Building Corporation for the works of more than 102 million yuan, and bear the suspension penalty 10 million. Relevant departments of the government was highly praised.

Renders. They failed to provide a source as usual. 3 proposals, am I wrong?

·
Banned
35,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Yes, many years ago.
This one was the first design.
Spire: 420m (1378ft)
Roof: 325m (1066ft)
Floors: 78

Then they recuded it to this, 256m. Looks like a simple version of Chongqing WTC.

Then it remained on hold for ages till now.

·
LIBERTINED
83,212 Posts
Oy vey... What a bland design for such a tall tower. If Dalian wants a new landmark, it'll rather fail on making this one.

It doesn't have to be an edgy, outstanding, curved design to be a good one, but this is just pure boredom expressed in a 500m tower.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Oy vey... What a bland design for such a tall tower. If Dalian wants a new landmark, it'll rather fail on making this one.

It doesn't have to be an edgy, outstanding, curved design to be a good one, but this is just pure boredom expressed in a 500m tower.
I have to agree, no style and they've taken the quantity over quality route yet again. These are just lame and unimaginative with no thought put in whatsoever.

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
the conceptual design still show the style the building may have. a boxy tower without a special unique design. that sounds quite bad but is actually perfect. with dalian getting another 500m tower that has already a unique design i like the idea of a "normal" building as a great addition to the skyline and as a contrast to greenland plaza, i just hope that the areas are quitre close to each other now

Reactions: Highcliff
1 - 20 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.