SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Expert
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a walk around Fair Park earlier today and I took these pics :)

Fair Park is Dallas' largest cultural center, and an historical treasure of national importance. Established in 1880, Fair Park is owned and operated by the City of Dallas and has nearly 300 acres of museums, exhibit facilities, and park areas; alone, it rivals many cities in its diverse selection of meeting venues.

I believe this is the second tallest ferris wheel in the world after the one in London?? not sure though

Museum of Natural History

lots of trees!

Main Entrance to the park

nice murals on the buildings

The Aquarium

Lots of squirrels were out

It's me again!

view of downtown from the park

Texas Hall of State

Lots of turtles in the lagoon

Dallas Republican???............... Not anymore! lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
is it like Hermann park in Houston? or is it much more different?

·
Expert
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PotatoGuy said:
Cool pictures, what is a "Hall of State" anyway though?
I have no idea what that building is used for but I do know that it is sometimes used for weddings :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
very nice pictures. Dallas is beautiful

and it does resemble Houston's museum district/herman park area.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just LOVE Fair Park. Very nice shots! I just got back from the IMAX out there, and man was it crazy!! There were people EVERYwhere!! I had to park about 1/2 mile from the IMAX. I heard some guy say they were auditioning people for Wheel of Fortune today. I've never seen it so busy all over Fair Park except for when the State Fair is there! I think they also had a Broadway musical going on at The Music Hall...plus Buchanan's Market...Science Place was pretty busy, too.

·
MAVerick
5,849 Posts
Texan#1 said:
Lots of turtles in the lagoon

Dallas Republican???............... Not anymore! lol
Grt pics Texan! :)

Hope people do take care of those turtles everyday!

:runaway:

·
Expert
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ROBTEX said:
I just LOVE Fair Park. Very nice shots! I just got back from the IMAX out there, and man was it crazy!! There were people EVERYwhere!! I had to park about 1/2 mile from the IMAX. I heard some guy say they were auditioning people for Wheel of Fortune today. I've never seen it so busy all over Fair Park except for when the State Fair is there! I think they also had a Broadway musical going on at The Music Hall...plus Buchanan's Market...Science Place was pretty busy, too.
dude it would've been a good day to take pics today! i like taking pics with people in them but it's just wierd if I point my camera at a person if there isnt anyone else around lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts