SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm not sure if this has been asked but I know these two cities have been compared many times. I currently live in Atlanta but the economy here basically sucks. I've been here for 3 years and have been looking for another job and nothing has come through. I have plenty of family in Dallas that has some work lined up for me and plenty of them are willing to help me get where I want to be. I love Atlanta and don't want to leave but the economy with jobs just suck. Other than that what are some other comparisons with the two which may stir me more towards one more than the other?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Both cities are nice large cities in the South with their own merits. I personally like the Texas culture, but it is similar to Florida (where I live) culture.

Both have decent transit. Dallas's may be more comprehensive for the city though. The economy in Texas is better than most of the country. My company does work in Tampa and Austin, and Austin is a far better market. Atlanta has great air connections, which is a plus if you travel globally.

That said, generally comparison threads are not allowed as some people cannot handle them and take it over the top with city bashing.

Steve

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Welcome to the forum but this thread is not going to happen.

(city vs. city)

Short answer for you: Atlanta's economy is in the process of bottoming out. Give it another year or two before things improve significantly. Dallas is doing better but lags other Texas cities like Austin and Houston. Texas overall is doing much better than the rest of the country. The good news for ATL is that if what we're seeing in Las Vegas and Phoenix is any indication, when the economy there turns around, things will move fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.