Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
earlier I was at the airport to pick up a relative. As I was waiting in the arrival hall, to my amazement I saw two new unveiled projects in Beirut from DAMAC properties.

(Sorry if the images are not taken very well in terms of dimensions)

^I guess this one is behind Monroe Hotel or Platinum Tower. It is 27-storey residential tower. Maybe this news is related to this one.

Hope we'll soon have further info about these investments.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
so they are copying 1:1 the designs in dubai?! :?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
source26 said:
so they are copying 1:1 the designs in dubai?!
Maybe, or else the advertisement in Beirut Airport is promoting their company and not the buildings. I checked their site, it seems that there is another project just like this in Dubai Marina. I wonder!
Now, I started to be sceptic huh!

·
21st century destination
611 Posts
Those are in Dubai, not Beirut. They are just promoting the companies presence in Lebanon because of the new projects that they will unveil in Beirut.

·
Banned
23 Posts
yes this is dumb. But I guess they need to attract people to buy residential/office from them. So they put that to attract more people to call.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
they are indeed promoting the company,they are about to open a representative office in beirut.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I might know where Damac will be building. I was just reading an article on the trends in the real estate market (btw, the average increase in land prices has been 30-50% over the past two years in NON-solidere areas).
They mentioned "companies" negotiating to buy plots in the reclamation area destined for dense development at a premium price (almost twice that of the plots in Martyr's square for example). If you put two and two together, I believe there is a good chance that damac and the like were the referenced companies.
Wait for the projects in the reclamation area, they will be very different from the ones you've seen so far:
1- they seem to be adopting a "central park" approach, like New York's, where you have a large park around which the best properties in the city will be situated.
2- if you look at solidere's "investment ratio" (how much and how tall you can build in a specific zone), the densest and largest plots are in the reclamation area.
3- if the real estate market keeps booming, they will be moving outside of solidere and I have consultant friends who are already preparing studies on different expansion models (more reclamation, especially the burj hammoud dump, reviving ELISAR, creating mini-solideres around the city -"urban renewal" projects in different neighbourhoods where you tear down buildings and redesign the area in order to increase the real estate value).

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Khayam, what you state is true.
About your third point, in 2004 Solidere had plans to invest in Tripoli downtown and make it similar to Beirut. Unfortunately, the terrible event of Feb. 14 in 2005 certainly postponed that project.

·
Banned
32 Posts
i contact one of damac office in beirut..they will soon make an architect competion for this project..in mid of june they will have plans for this project...its 120 million project and its next to the monroe hotel..more information in the last site of solideres quartely report www.solidere.com

·
Lebanon, all lives.
25 Posts
naregkar said:
For the moment, I'm posting this post in this thread because no additional info is available.

Actually, earlier I was at the airport to pick up a relative. As I was waiting in the arrival hall, to my amazement I saw two new unveiled projects in Beirut from DAMAC properties.

(Sorry if the images are not taken very well in terms of dimensions)

^I guess this one is behind Monroe Hotel or Platinum Tower. It is 27-storey residential tower. Maybe this news is related to this one.

Hope we'll soon have further info about these investments.
yee thank god those building are not in lebanon, the first one is too high which will not fit a lot to beirut (maybe if they build it on a man-made island like burj dubai lol) and the second is just.. :sleepy: .. i would protest if they were goin to build that in beirut... haha

·
Registered
448 Posts
Guys, how come you don't like this building while it is expected to win an int'l award for its unique design ??!!

Guys, how come you don't like this building while it is expected to win an int'l award for its unique design ??!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts