SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the following in a facebook fanpage so I am not sure on the sources but it sure does sound real
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzanian, July 02, 2012 10:37 ET – The Ministry of Home Affairs and Mara Capital, part of the Mara Group, has signed a Pre-Development Agreement for a new landmark project to develop a state of the art, urban, commercial hub... of approximately 3.5 million square foot.

The project will include the largest retail mall in East Africa, 2 internationally branded hotels, modern convention centre, modern medical tourism hospital, modern business park, Residential compound, modern police station, and 300 residential units dedicated for the Police in Oysterbay.

The contract was signed as part of an official signing ceremony, at Police Headquarters by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs Mr. Mbarak Abdulwakil, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Saidi Ally Mwema, and the Directors of Mara Group, Mr. Ashish J. Thakkar and Mr. Prashant Manek.

Mara Group is a 15 year-old pan-African multi-sector business conglomerate with current operations covering IT, BPO, real estate development, asset management, infrastructure, hospitality, packaging, and media. The Group has a presence in 18 African countries and employs over 4,000 people. The World Economic Forum recognized Mara as a “Global Growth Company” in 2009.

Mr. Manek commented that, “the transformational project will offer Tanzanians a modern environment to ‘live, work and play’ and considerably elevate the profile of Dar Es Salaam and Tanzania to the rest of the world.”

“The Project will commence after eleven months from today and the land will remain as the property of Ministry of Home Affairs and Tanzania Police force” Said Mr Gregory who is the Principal Procurement Officer and Supply for Tanzania Police Force.

The project will be a win for Tanzania and signifies a major step forward in the country’s economic, business and infrastructure development.

“We are excited to have partnered with Government of Tanzania and look forward to changing the landscape of this beautiful city – Dar es Salaam with this landmark project – Mara World Tanzania. It will be a first of its kind in the region” said Ashish J. Thakkar.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Oysterbay Police land ishauzwa hapo kama mnakumbuka Magufuli aliuza zile nyumba Kikwete akawika kuhusu kuzirudisha, leo hii zinauzwa tena kwa mwekezaji! Cha ajabu hamna media ya Tanzania iliyoandika kuhusu hili...hii ni scandal

http://redpepper.co.ug/welcome/?p=40630

·
2,942 Posts
Kuna mtu alidokeza kuwa zile nyumba zote za Oysterbay police zimeuzwa lakini sikuamini sasa nimeelewa....:lol::lol::lol:

Said Mwema anachukua chake mapema....^^

·
Serengeti
4,263 Posts
“The Project will commence after eleven months from today and the land will remain as the property of Ministry of Home Affairs and Tanzania Police force” Said Mr Gregory who is the Principal Procurement Officer and Supply for Tanzania Police Force.

Excellent...Renders will be stunning for sure

http://mara.com/

·
2,942 Posts
Interesting, any specific reason why they will starting in eleven month time??

·
Serengeti
4,263 Posts
Interesting, any specific reason why they will starting in eleven month time??
approval of technical,structural drawings,building permit na kokoro zote za maandalizi ya kumpata contractor na yeye ajiandae na walio kuwepo wajiandae kuondoka ili bomoa bomoa ifanyike inachukua mwaka mzima.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How come I don't feel as sense of excitement amongst members? Shudn't we all be going :banana: :banana: :banana: over this?
This is by far the biggest real-estate project in Tanzania and one that looks most likely to happen and that too very soon.. I'm gng :nuts: given those likelihoods!

Am i missing something?

·
Registered
10,659 Posts
How come I don't feel as sense of excitement amongst members? Shudn't we all be going :banana: :banana: :banana: over this?
This is by far the biggest real-estate project in Tanzania and one that looks most likely to happen and that too very soon.. I'm gng :nuts: given those likelihoods!

Am i missing something?
:banana::banana::banana: kama kawa:cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Namanga (opp best bite) hadi Morocco kwa upande wa Ali Hassan Rd na upande mwingine opp.U.S embassy hadi Namanga.
Thanks Tanzan

Duuhhh Jamani that is massiveeeee !!

I had to go to Google Maps to see how big it would look.. If I am not mistaken then this is how huge this project is..

This is so exciting jamani :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We should have a celebration when this thing gets under construction

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
mimi siko excited maana hii ardhi ni ya Police na isitoshe hii ni kama ile ardhi ya Zimamoto iliyochukuliwa kinyemela na Dar village halafu project yenyewe ikafa! Tusipoangalia space zoote zitaondoka Dar hii!

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
A mall on public land?

·
Banned
843 Posts
watu weweee!!! kama kawa..wacha wajenge bana, ile sehemu imezidi kuwa na mabango badala ya majengo

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dhuks said:
A mall on public land?
Done before in TZ, Mlimani City is on Univ of Dar land. This is not a big deal, land gets to be properly utilized rather than the under utilization currently seen in most public land. You must also take note all land in TZ is public land.

·
Banned
843 Posts
There are some legal rqts to be met, its not that easy as it sounds..and compensation to be paid.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts