·
Banned
16,927 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
By Kenyan architect company in Dar es Salaam
what the heck, they go designing such marvelous buildings in other countries while they cant do the same in kenya. sadness. i guess they just went where the money is.

BTW. great building, the whole symbolism of the design of the building like a ship is very appealing.

keep it up guys

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
what the heck, they go designing such marvelous buildings in other countries while they cant do the same in kenya. sadness. i guess they just went where the money is.

BTW. great building, the whole symbolism of the design of the building like a ship is very appealing.

keep it up guys
Totally agree with you.

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
16,191 Posts

keep it up guys
:hilarious :rofl:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes it is a nice building, but a wonderful idea for Dar es Salaam would be an ocean blue glass skyscraper resembling the nearby ocean...one that is about 60 stories high and overlooking the entire city of Dar. That would be beautiful....IF WE HAD THE FUNDS!!!! lol.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Yes it is a nice building, but a wonderful idea for Dar es Salaam would be an ocean blue glass skyscraper resembling the nearby ocean...one that is about 60 stories high and overlooking the entire city of Dar. That would be beautiful....IF WE HAD THE FUNDS!!!! lol.
Just be patient. It's only a matter of time for that to happen.

·
Serengeti
4,263 Posts
Same architects as for Tanzanian High Commission in Nairobi. It is possible the architects designed according to Tanzania Ports Authority preference. I am sure they must have designed lots of good projects in Kenya.

·
Serengeti
4,263 Posts
any updates on this beauty? Slowly but surely Dar is getting a great skyline.
A friend of mine who has someone working at TPA told me that he will show me the architectural drawing...probably there are changes to the above one which is a normal thing in construction business. He also infomed me construction will commence this year. Talking about DSM skyline;this tower will be right up the sokoine dr/waterfront area and next to the already commenced construction of PSPF 35 storey twin towers.

Oh! this beauty will also have a world class shopping mall too with Cinemax entertainments/food courts with all features that a mall has.

·
Serengeti
4,263 Posts
TPA Redesigns Multi-Storey Building Project

THE Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) has revised up its plans to construct a multi-storey one stop shop from the previous design of 30 storey structure to 35 storey building, probably the tallest building in Dar es Salaam so far.

The proposed building will have a total floor area of about 60,000 square metres, comprising of two-level basement car parking area, the 35-storey commercial tower and five-storey parking block.

"TPA remains desirous of carrying out its project of constructing the multi-storey office building at our plot along Sokoine Drive," the authority said on Tuesday in the prequalification notice it published in the 'Daily News.'

The imposing, multibillion shilling structure is planned opposite the Tanzania Revenue Authority's Longroom in the city.

Prequalification notices for the project were first put in newspapers in June, 2008 inviting contractors and subcontractors to apply for the construction of the 30-storey office block.

But, because of the long period that has elapsed and revised plan to erect 35-storey building, TPA has requested approved main contractors and sub-contractors to confirm and adjust their previously submitted information to the current situation.

The one stop shop is one of the ambitious projects that TPA has under the pipeline. Others including the building of three more ports along the country's coastline.

TPA plans to embark on the proposed construction of a new port at Bagamoyo, with more plans set for the establishment of more ship docks at Mwambani in Tanga region, all aimed at meeting the demand for increased port capacity, improvement of handling services and accommodation for future growth.

TPA has also drawn in its road-map development document, several action plans, including the 'Single Point Mooring (SPM) project which was passed in October, 2010 and whose implementation runs for a period of 18 months until April-May 2012.

Being constructed at the cost of 60 million dollars (90bn/-) the project is expected to have a capacity to handle 6 million tonnes per year.

1 - 20 of 792 Posts