SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Just looking at that picture, I still can't believe they knocked down the lovely Hotel Darwin.

Sorry if it's not topic related, but it makes me so mad to know the Green Room is no more.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,806 Posts
Well forgive the scale but the original tower design was for a about 600m... the original tower was not designed for Darwin. I just plopped it on there as I thought it suited the site perfectly.

Check you private messages...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Today June 15, the header is Honolulu, on the island of Ohua. Maybe Darwin Waterfront will look like it at a future time.The poor old NIMBY people in Glenelg, SA would be surprised if they went there.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,806 Posts
kota16 said:
Today June 15, the header is Honolulu, on the island of Ohua. Maybe Darwin Waterfront will look like it at a future time.The poor old NIMBY people in Glenelg, SA would be surprised if they went there.
Can I ask what it is you are talking about?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yesterdays header had some pics of Honolulu with its 40 story hi rises, I imagine that Darwin will in time be a similar city.In Adelaide we have problems with NIMBY people who complain about buildings that are not as high as the tree tops at Glenelg.Sorry if you think it irrelevent!.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,806 Posts
kota16 said:
Yesterdays header had some pics of Honolulu with its 40 story hi rises, I imagine that Darwin will in time be a similar city.In Adelaide we have problems with NIMBY people who complain about buildings that are not as high as the tree tops at Glenelg.Sorry if you think it irrelevent!.
Honolulu has beaches without crocodiles through, while darwin is not widely known for its beaches. I do think that one day Darwin will be alot bigger... I imagine it as more of a fort lauderdale with vast areas of canals.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
So true. If one hole can be planning to build a WTB, then surely another one can be developed with some 30 storey buildings and some canal estates.

·
Banned
885 Posts
was it really nessacary to degrade KC and Darwin by calling them 'Holes'?.
You must remember that a) not TOO long ago Gold Coast was absolutely nothing, so you of all people shoudl know what a small town can transform to
and b) even if there was no hope of it ever growing, big buildings isnt all there is to a city.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
obviously. But the Gold Coast has changed. It's not a hole any more. I'm not saying that Darwin will always be a hole, but it has to do something to get rid of that title.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts