• 3 or less

Votes: 76 45.2%
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
wadab advocate
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Davao City, Philippines

Davao City is a sprawling city of over a million people located in the Southeastern part of Mindanao. It is one of the largest cities in the world with a land area of 2,443.61 square kilometers.

Davao City is in the southeastern part of Mindanao and is approximately 946 aerial kilometers from Manila.

As 71 percent of the population resides in the urban area, its urban density is estimated roughly at 2,262 persons per square kilometer. Recent estimates place the population at around 1.4 million.

With predominantly migrant population, the city is a melting pot of cultures where diversities are appreciated and nurtured in a harmonious and peaceful environment. Major languages and dialects in the city are Filipino, Chinese, English and Cebuano.

·
wadab advocate
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
RANDOM PICTURES AROUND DAVAO CITY BY NIGHT

One of the reasons why Davao City is a good place to visit is of its low crime incidents. Davao has the friendly community, and is known to be typhoon free because the city is surrounded with mountains. These qualities make Davao City as one of the best tourist destinations in the Philippines.

Davao is also one of the colored nightlife cities in the Philippines. There are many establishments and structures around the city. Malls and hotels are scattered and its vibrant color of lights surrounded the big city.

LandCo Tower

McDonalds & LandCo @ J.P Laurel (near Victoria Plaza)

The Pinnacle Hotel/Fahrenheit Resto Sta. Ana Ave.

The Peak (Gaisano Mall of Davao)

The Peak

View of Marco Polo Hotel (Photo taken from The Peak)

Arch Entrance/Sta. Ana

Davao is a lively cosmopolitan city and as such has a wide choice of nightlife. The options range from refined jazz clubs and piano bars, excellent restaurants with live music & concert events.

Source
Original Post

·
wadab advocate
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
While I do think it's still premature for Davao to have a thread, I do think it has a better skyline than some of the smaller cities who have threads as well
I think its not premature at all.... the skyline, though still lacking of density and talls, is pretty decent for a developing city.

BTW

I would like to suggest posters to resize big photos to smaller one because it could be hard to download all the big photos in a single page......

·
Lost in the Big Apple
1,981 Posts
I would like to resize them but it's hard to appreciate the buildings if the pictures were smaller, plus other threads have similar sized pictures. I think a 1000x600 is good enough but lets limit 1-2 pictures per post. This is an international thread, so I guess we should try and post pictures of better quality :)

·
Banned
34,934 Posts
4/10

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.