Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Nuclear bombs were built on Davenport??? That's one I never heard before. LOL

But yea...I like Davenport Rd. I also like Dupont...very interesting street...east of Dufferin is better though...Dupont & Lansdowne is one of the most depressing intersections in the city....well, anything that Lansdowne touches magically turns to shit...I hate that street.

KGB

·
Registered
318 Posts
IMO, Dupont is one of the ugliest streets in Toronto. The stretch from Davenport to Dufferin is awful but oddly, it has some of the most upscale car dealerships in the city. Quite the contrast.

Those townhouses are super ugly.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"IMO, Dupont is one of the ugliest streets in Toronto. "

Well, I dunno about ugliest...but it's certainly homely. But that's what I like about it...and what a lot of other people must like about it too...plenty of upscale and funky stores along it....probably because it was very cheap rent, while still being technically the northern border of downtown. After a while, it starts getting interesting.

It has no main purpose...it's partly dilapidated commercial/industrial, partly residential, partly retail...but mostly completely non-descript.

Yet somehow, it has some kind of shabby appeal to me.

KGB

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Souvlaki "

Hey...you argueing with "reputable since 1955 " ?

Seriously, nobody eats souvlaki at Vesta...it's where you go at 4AM for a greasy burger...period.

What's with the "cigarette" ?

They forgot the "s", or ya think they are one of those places that sells individual cigs?

Ok...if ya smoke, I guess you're a loser....but you have to be a special kind of loser if ya buy your smokes individually. LOL

When I was living in the Junction, the local Korean made a mint selling single cigs to the lugans.

KGB

·
Registered
847 Posts
KGB said:
Seriously, nobody eats souvlaki at Vesta...it's where you go at 4AM for a greasy burger...period.
Burger...that's not even on the list!

What's with the "cigarette" ?

They forgot the "s", or ya think they are one of those places that sells individual cigs?

Ok...if ya smoke, I guess you're a loser....but you have to be a special kind of loser if ya buy your smokes individually. LOL

When I was living in the Junction, the local Korean made a mint selling single cigs to the lugans.
Local Korean? Was only one allowed?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Local Korean" = little corner variety/convenience store. For some reason, Koreans aspire to moving to Canada and opening these things (generally letting a kitten run around the store, pissing and shitting on everything).

KGB

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Not that it matters...you don't actually buy food in the place...in fact, judging from the precambrian layers of dust on everything, it's the same crap still sitting there since they bought the place 12 years ago (and several generations of kittens).

No...the guy sold cigs and lottery tickets....and had one of those video poker games for the extra-special losers.

I only went in there because he sold Apolinaris for cheap...I think it was the only thing he actually had to buy stock of.

Oh yea...the kitten story is not made up.

KGB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts