SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
18,159 Posts
Nice pictures.

Dayton seems kind of like Wilmington, to me. It's a nice mid-sized city with a pretty impressive skyline for its size. Dayton seems a little bigger of a city and metro area than Wilmington, from what I see of it. Dayton also has more older skyscrapers than Wilmington, while Wilmington has a nice balance of old, kind of old, and new skyscrapers.

Both Dayton and Wilmington also seem to be overshadowed or even jumbled with nearby bigger cities (Cincinnati and Philadelphia, respectfully).

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Great job. Dayton has a reallly nice collection of historic architecture.

From the third floor up, this is a gorgeous building, but what the hell is up with the first two stories?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
It's like a mini-St. Louis or mini-Cincinnati. Dayton is looking sharp! Very nice collection of historic buildings downtown, like what most Ohio cities have. BTW, wasn't that KeyBank tower once the headquarters for Mead? I remember driving through Dayton many times seeing Mead on the building. Great pictures. It's also the home of that famous pizza place, Marion's.

·
King of Flyover Country
1,085 Posts
It's like a mini-St. Louis or mini-Cincinnati. Dayton is looking sharp! Very nice collection of historic buildings downtown, like what most Ohio cities have. BTW, wasn't that KeyBank tower once the headquarters for Mead? I remember driving through Dayton many times seeing Mead on the building. Great pictures. It's also the home of that famous pizza place, Marion's.
Yes, the Mead Tower is now the Key Bank Building. And like Cincinnati and St. Louis, Dayton is one of the older Midwest cities due to the river influence (canals, in Dayton's case).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes- I am quite sure that where the Key Bank is - is what used to be known as the Mead Building. Sad to say Mead moved away like so many others are or have done. :(

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
Umm yea Kettering Tower.... National City in Lousiville called and they want their missing 30 floors. K. Thanks......

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
couple of daytons taller buildings remind me a lot of some in toledo.. I gotta get down to Dayton to check it out a little more.. Havent really done much down there besides drive thru it on the way to Cincy. Lookin good Dayton

1 - 19 of 19 Posts