Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BUNNED
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried coming back to this forum to see if there are any improvements and there are some good members on here but there are also a lot of unlikeable trolls. I have come across as harsh and silly in the past but have calmed down yet I still come across such annoying members and it is very hard not to respond to such vitriol.

I dont like the ignore feature as they can still see your posts and reply as usual. Shouldn't more be done to stop personal remarks against forum members?

·
culled
20,361 Posts
Their words can't actually do anything, if you ignore them they'll soon get bored. That's if they're trolling - it's hard to see sarcasm, intent, or even just inflections in voice or tone on the Internet. Assume everyone's trying to be civil, ignore those who you don't want to listen to, and don't click "read this post", that bit's down to you.

·
BUNNED
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Treat them like the sad little loners they are - ignore them. Anyone can be a prick behind a keyboard. They wouldn't act like that in real life.

I do agree to some extent you don't see a lot of action here against them. I just ignore them and get on with it.
It may be a good idea to play these charmless idiots at their own game and show them they are not getting to you with the "stick and stones" phrase, to show their words mean nothing, if you know these cowards get to you they will just think "ah great I can wind them up even more now". Twats like these thrive on fuss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts