Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grave Architecture
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last month I've been thinking if it wouldn't be a good idea to get our own moderator for this subforum. As it is now we don't have a moderator that regularly read the threads and I've experienced that it can sometimes be difficult to get one of our current moderators to change the title of a thread. We even have spam that haven't been deleted yet.

So getting our own moderator would foremost be of practical value, even though we also have some East/West clashes once in a while.

What do you think of this idea?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
^^ I fully agrees, and suggest mlm (Mikael Lyk Madsen) he is one of the oldest and most active members, to the forum.

:)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I don't see the need, the few times I have needed a a mod they have reacted pretty fast. But if you have other experiences, I think it will be fine. No idea what the rules are though.

·
Grave Architecture
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The general SSC forum rules should apply, so it is really just a matter of getting a moderator that reads our forum and can respond fast to our needs. This should not be read as criticism to our current moderators.

My own suggestion is also Mikael. He's a great asset to this forum, very active and never expresses a geographical bias.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
^^
Must admit I am not too familiar with the general SSC rules but sounds good to me then. But you probably better run it by mlm before you elect him.:)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I really don't see the need. Back in the days when there was much more activity, we did fine without a mod - Swede would jump in occasionally for basic thread changes and so. Worked fine. No need to add unnecessary red tape.

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
I would be happy to accept the task if chosen, however, I'm not sure the need is that big either. The few times I've needed something changed, the current mods has acted quickly, so maybe we just need to remind them when the occasional appears.

Overall I think our little section here works quite well, although more activity is of course more than welcome. Sure there's the usual east-west debates, but it rarely gets out of hand. And overall I find our local forumers to be quite well behaved compared to many other sections, most are here to contribute with something and not many trolls around.

·
forumer #29
4,874 Posts
moderator sees thread, reads it, and thinks "wtf, there's spam we haven't dealt with?". for shame! /spam removed.

mlm would be a good choice, I agree :) A certain Norwegian has also been thought of as possible back-up.
Tho also, just holler at us and we will do what we can to help. I know I try to respond asap.

·
Grave Architecture
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
moderator sees thread, reads it, and thinks "wtf, there's spam we haven't dealt with?". for shame! /spam removed.

mlm would be a good choice, I agree :) A certain Norwegian has also been thought of as possible back-up.
Tho also, just holler at us and we will do what we can to help. I know I try to respond asap.
Hi Swede. This is in no way meant as criticism of the work you do. After all you have a lot of threads of different nationalities in the Nordic & baltic sub forums to read and moderate. I just thought it would be a good idea to have national moderators that follow each thread in their sub forum and that we know personally. It makes communication easier because we can alternatively post a message in a thread directed to the moderator instead of having to send a PM to someone we don't have regular communication with.

I hope it is something you will consider and I know now that you are aware of our wish, even though we are a minority it seems. Mikael (mlm) would do a great job together with the rest of your moderator team.

·
forumer #29
4,874 Posts
The vibe I got from the first post - and the whole thread - was one of "this might make things even better" not one of "it sucks as things are now" :cheers:

The idea of having a bit more spread on the mods has been around for a while, but never seemed strictly necessary. The forum has grown quite a bit since and us mods have gotten to different places in our lives. We'll see how it goes :)

·
2,828 Posts

Hopefully that's Þróndeimr :D

There's no big need for a local mod, but sometimes I guess it would be quite nice. And mlm gets my "vote" too.

·
Mod nye projekter
9,693 Posts
^^
Things work fine as it is, pas de problemos.

Bringing the east-west clashes on the pitch, it good that the moderator is neutral (not that I expect mlm not to be)

The only time I have asked a mod. for advices was Swede, and he solved the problem fast and efficient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts