SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deira City Centre to get an AED 250 million facelift

Deira City Centre, one of the flagship shopping, leisure and entertainment Centre's within MAF Shopping Malls portfolio today announced that it will invest AED 250 million toward refurbishment of the mall that will also see the opening of 20 new stores and major upgrading of the centre facilities across the mall.

From left to right: Fareed Abdulrahman - General Manager, Lizelle Fitoussi - Marketing Manager,

'The news of the mall's renovations has already garnered praise from existing retailers and mall visitors,' said David Robinson, Vice President, Deira City Centre.

'The revamped mall will enhance our offering to the customer in an improved environment and will ensure we remain one of Dubai's dominant retail destinations."

Key areas of the AED 250 million project will include the refurbishment and upgrade of facilities in the Food Court and Magic Planet. The enhanced Food Court will offer customers increased number of seats, better choice and range in food outlets as well are larger toilet amenities. Magic Planet will be refurbished offering kids more rides and entertainment facilities along with better lighting. The new fashion precinct scheduled to open shortly will offer shoppers a variety of choice from 12 international fashion houses.

'One of the goals of the Food Court renovation of this section is to transform it into more airy and open environment. These improvements are a direct result of customer feedback and research,' adds Robinson.

Customer amenities across the mall are also being improved with the first of the refurbished toilets now completed. The rolling programme will continue over the next six months with all toilets scheduled for completion by the end of 2006.Floorings and ceiling enhancements at the mall's City Gate, City Walk and Jewellery Court areas will also be undertaken, further improving their look and feel. The Taxi-pick up area is also being improved to make it more user friendly and improving queues during peak hours.
'The goal is to have all the work done in time for the Dubai Shopping Festival 2007' says Robinson.

'Deira City Centre is a 'must-visit' venue for Dubai tourists who made up over 40% of our 22.25 million visitors in 2005. We envisage the new look and feel of the mall will further add to its popularity and in turn build added value for our retailers' he concluded.

The project is being handled by Callisons Preamble, one of the world's leading retail design firm.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
^^ Very true indeed, but it really needs this facelift.

·
Registered
521 Posts
no matter how many malls open in Dubai , city center remains to be the center of it all, its always so damn busy...

·
Me No English
341 Posts
^^ City center is the main mall of uae not only in dubai. so not matter what happened around it ,, its always be our first place to shop and hunt girls lol.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i like DCC cause its so user friendly, i mean, i know where the stores are, i walk in , know what i want, know where it is, go get it and leave 15 miuntes max,
others malls, dont know where to park, dont know where the store is....

DCC all the way

·
Madge, I wanna confess...
445 Posts
I think City Centre willl always stay a busy mall, however, i wouldnt like to shop there, i 'd rather go to Mall of the Emirates for instance. GOOD news though, go DCC:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fudging the numbers?

I'm sorry, but something is NOT right with those numbers.

22.5 million visitors? even if that was believable, 40% of that is tourists? according to the most recent estimate by the Dubai Development and Investment Authority and also the Department of Economic Development in Dubai, there was an influx of 7.5 million tourists in Dubai during 2005. 40% of 22.5 million, is 9 million. more tourists entered the mall than entered Dubai?

and how is the word "tourist" defined? does it, for example, include the thousands of people who drive into the city every single day to work? Does it include the kids who live in neighbouring emirates who attend schools in Dubai?

Something there isn't quite accurate, methinks.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Its about time if you ask me..... the access corridor to the car park is in need of rennovation - big time!

The Bin Hindi Avenue is fantastic though and I agree with all of you, City Centre is well established and has a place in Dubai's shopping malls list, so nothing can ever change that. It was, is and will always remain popular with tourists and residents :D

Go "C" squared! :D

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
well many ppl make multiple trips to city centre in a week for groceries...personally i go atleast twice a week...so thats over a 100 times a yr..lol!!!

·
Banned
436 Posts
shopping is much easier in city center than new malls like ibn battuta or mall of emirates

it isnt too big to make it a problem in "navigation"...

size means zero if u r going to have to walk the whole mall from A to Z to reach food court from the cinema for eg like in ibn battuta

·
Tranced32
934 Posts
Gosh I just realised that I haven't gone there for months! Been frequenting mall of the Emirates more but I agree with you guys, with City Centre one usually knows where everything is and a visit is more organized than Ibn Battuta or MoE

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
I hate Deria City Center
When I was in Dubai it was the main mall and the access and trouble of getting there would never be worth it. Then the lack of easy parking. I Hope there are real changes as the only reason why i would ever visit this mall again

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
^^ I never had problem parking in there, but I was using the multistorey new P4. Parking underneath the mall, as most people surprisengly do :weird: , is a tourture.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts