SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 21522 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

A NEW INNINGS: The first Delhi Metro train from Barakhamba on its way to Karol Bagh on Friday. — PHOTO: V.V. KRISHNAN

·
9,414 Posts
Yeah the overhead Metro bridge with the TV tower in North West delhi looks amazing!
Bryan Adams had his show over here.
This is the place where the metro does a 90 degree turn crossing the almost Signal free Ring Road.

Here is a pic showing the metro,ring road and the TV tower,i made using the obvious google earth which is technically 3 years behind than the current time.

Here is another view[facing east right now] showing the 90 degree turn. and the metro going down is west bound towards Rohini.

·
9,414 Posts
I feel if Delhi gets a line on the ring road,be it elevated ot underground then,thats it for the remaining traffic woes and there would be literally no use of using the so many buses that ply on the ring road and plus it will also cut travel time significantly.

I wish they have one on the ring road.
here's a map showing the ring road in <<blood>> red color with the outer ring road in blue color.
The key shows the outer ring road is the road in red which is not true.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Brilliant pics! The Metro is earning a lot of excellent pictures from those who have now caught the infraphoto bug! I love the ones through Dwarka - showing the new subcity coming up with the moden metro passing through it.

Here's a few from my own gallery. They're a year and four months old though (fotopic doesn't permit direct linking apparently); I had gone on the Vishwa Vidyalaya-Kashmere Gate (Line 2) stretch soon after it opened:
Ring road main grade level and off ramp under elevated metro
Near the (then) newly opened Vishwa V'laya-Kashmere Gate line
Metro passes over road level on Line 2
Station external view
Turnstiles past tickte counter
Expansive station insides
Clean well lit interiors
Inside the Metro
Kashmere Gate station
Kashmere Gate station
Metro Line crosses Ring Road near an interchange

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, beautiful pics of Delhi Metro.
Btw, what exactly is Dwarka, and when was it created? (Sorry for my ignorance. The limits of the Delhi I lived in only consisted of areas inside the Ring Road :))

·
9,414 Posts
Thanks Lucky streak,Here's another one @ Times of India Epaper Date april 10,shows the metro running through Dwarka at what they call 'Ground Level'

·
9,414 Posts
Btw, what exactly is Dwarka, and when was it created? (Sorry for my ignorance. The limits of the Delhi I lived in only consisted of areas inside the Ring Road )
Dwarka is a part of Delhi,it isnt a suburb,but is just a place in West Delhi near the airport.Like NYC has 5 borough's if you know,this is like a borough in Delhi and its called a
"sub city".

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
can somebody show the different phases of this project wiht the distance covered/to be covered under each phase? that will put all the info in one place and give a clear picture.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
drwho said:

-

-

-

Caption: Trial run for the Delhi Metro Rail from Sector-14 to Sector-9 in Dwarka sub-city section of line-3 in Delhi on March 25, 2006. Photo: Rajeev Bhatt
In these pics, it doesn't seem like there is a lot of cable clutter above the train and poles on each side???

·
9,414 Posts
81 - 100 of 21522 Posts