SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This News i didn't know about, From Downtown Website.

Corinth Tower to be blown up at 11am on Sunday 15th May.

Here is a picture i took today showning the tower being prepared for destruction showing the bands of explosives wrapped in black plastic.

Don't know what condition/quality the building is, could a makeover have been carried out.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
JUXTAPOL said:
This News i didn't know about, From Downtown Website.

Corinth Tower to be blown up at 11am on Sunday 15th May.

Here is a picture i took today showning the tower being prepared for destruction showing the bands of explosives wrapped in black plastic.

Don't know what condition/quality the building is, could a makeover have been carried out.
Smashing pic Juxt. Sebo was with me on wednesday when the demo lads from the Corinth gave me the date. Going to miss this place, despite it's appearance. It's in so many pics I've taken over the years. It'll feel strange when it's gone (sniff! sniff!). Most of the people were moved out over a year ago and now live about 50 yards from it in the (V)ictoria Settlement (see below)

There appeared no chance of saving it though. I tried to get Brian Brennan (Build Direct) and George Kountis (Eldon Grove) to consider taking it over last year. Brian didn't want to know because it would cost too much to refurbish. He also suspected it was structually unsound.

Can't recall George's response, apart from it being in the negatory

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Gareth said:
I'm sure Dave will be gutted as it was a photo vantage point of his.
Certainly am Gareth. Thankfully St George's Church is still available nearby.
I wonder if anybody took the pics down from the Corinth ground floor wall or will they go to waste?

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Blabbernsmoke said:
Wow, I didn't know such signs existed. So did you get any punters then Dave?
LOL! That's Sebo, not me.
He took one of me with my trackie pulled up, flashing my leg. Never made a penny. Fussy bar stewards! :)

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,677 Posts
Gareth said:
This looks like one of those photos you get on election flyers through your door, Sebo being a local councillor responsible for the sign on the streetlamp. :laugh:

I having that Gareth,Sebo gets my vote. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts