Skyscraper City Forum banner
41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
15,713 Posts
its a shame that they didnt make a thing of it.

i know of john hunt after working in the industry for a year and i have to admit that he is a total whimp when it comes to blow downs. many companies, when they get the chance, blow the buildings up in a nice delayed way so you can watch the thing come down slowly. ofcourse when there are buildings 10ft away all around you cant always do it, but in a situation like this one whre there is a park right around it, they could have demolished it in a more staged way lol

i heard that his company suffered a few hold ups (a thing that happens when al the charges are detonated but the building doesnt collapse) and so when ever he does a blow down, he packs the things full of explosives in order to get it down as soon as possible. shame really....this one could have looked great.

now this is how u do it lol, this is a pic of the company i used to work for....they always make a spectical of their blow downs

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
caw123 said:
Ace. I love blowdowns. :yes:

Is that church tower open to the public Dave, or only to privaliged fellows like yourself? ;)
Chris, officially it's open to the public twice a year - St George's Day and it's birthday (born 1814) on 26th October:cheers:

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Just posted the movie link to Jessica Shaughnessy who wrote the Corinth article in the Daily Post on Monday. Never realised she was on it until this morning. She's the girl in the foreground, making a phone call after it imploded. I'm the one near to the end of the movie, walking towards the camera then turning back to take a few more pics :cheers:

41 - 60 of 126 Posts