SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
71,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on macho grunts. show us your demolition photos!!:guns1:
this is the thread where skyscraper die a slow death and come to die..

ill start
5 skyscrapers coming down on bent street for new SPACE

sydneys CUB site. thanks christ they are leaving the 3rd largest brick stack extant in australia.

·
Registered
71,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
^implosions are dangerous. the last major implosion killed a girl. i think it was canberra hostpital and a piece of steel was blown a few hundred metres across a lake and killed a spectator watching from so-called safe distance.
details>
http://www.courts.act.gov.au/magistrates/dec/bender/Sect05.htm

"our way" is dismantling floor by floor, with jack hammers and small dozer.
latest from lawson on sydneys CUB site

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
With Canberra Hospital, other pieces were also sent flying into the lake missing rowers watching the implosion.

I think that site is where the national museum now stands.

The last implosion I remember in Sydney was the Bunnerong Power Station near Port Botany. I also remember an ad for 'The Lighting Warehouse' that used to show the implosion as part of it's sales.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The last time I saw a wrecking ball was on the building that was on the corner where Queens Plaza is in Brisbane (david jones)

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
There is a 9 story building being demolished in South Brisbane at the moment. It looks like some earthquake hit - pretty amazing with all the floors opened up to the elements. Its one of the old Southbank Institute buildings.

J

·
GC: King of Cities
287 Posts
I think they used a wrecking ball when demoliting the Sundale Shopping centre (gold Coast). They are now building Brighton on Broadwater on the site.

·
stevewool
84 Posts
Demolished Skyscrapers

Ascot Chambers Brisbane- 1925 to 1995 , CML Building Perth- 1936 to 1980 , Australian Building Melbourne- 1889 to 1980. Only Sydney and Adelaide seem to have retained their first "skyscrapers". I'm still working on stuff to send you Cul I'm just flat tack and it's taking a while. Space will look very nice.

·
Registered
71,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^wow. the 112m stack was felled in 1986. still tallest to be demolished in sydney.

pic of power house

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That project was big we had to do it in a couple of phases.

I did a lot of work in Perth. The Anz Bank, Scottish Amicable something or ruther, the GRE House and the EMU Brewery.

·
Registered
71,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from skygarden roof
the imperial arcade was built like a bunker. lots of concrete. will take ages to demolish

1 - 20 of 94 Posts