Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's got a hell of a beautiful glass facade. The only qualms I have is that it looks pretty generic inside with the seating arrangement, and why are the seats brown? To represent the color of Pepsi? I think it makes the inside look aged.

·
Namasté
1,022 Posts
It's got a hell of a beautiful glass facade. The only qualms I have is that it looks pretty generic inside with the seating arrangement, and why are the seats brown? To represent the color of Pepsi? I think it makes the inside look aged.
I really like the seat color--at least it's something different.

It looks like they were trying to match the trim color of the lobby.

·
Registered
62 Posts
LOL the scoreboard needs an update.
Ask and ye shall receive!

I only had my cell phone on me, so I think these don't really do the new board justice (photos by me). The thing really is MASSIVE, largest arena (non stadium) video board in the world according to the Pepsi Center. I had to keep reminding myself to watch the game and not the board as my eyes just kept wandering up there. the new sound system is miles ahead of the old one, I sat on the corner where it used to be painfully loud but the new one dispersses the sounds in a much more even manner.

First a pano, they also replaced the entire lower bowl and club level seats with the black "leather" leaving only the upp bowl with the original brown seats.

The next one gives you a better idea of the size of the new board:

This last one is the only photo I got that really gets the feeling of sitting in the arena and looking at the board:

·
Registered
19,270 Posts
Exactly who are the Ball Corporation targetting with this? I can't imagine ordinary fans are their target demographics.
I'm glad you asked because I was wondering also. Maybe it's aimed at polishing up his eco credentials in Colorado? Ballmer named a stadium in Seattle "Climate Pledge".

I've heard the Emirates Stadium will soon be renamed "Wear Your Mask Quarantine and Recycling Center".

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
I'm glad you asked because I was wondering also. Maybe it's aimed at polishing up his eco credentials in Colorado? Ballmer named a stadium in Seattle "Climate Pledge".

I've heard the Emirates Stadium will soon be renamed "Wear Your Mask Quarantine and Recycling Center".
Ballmer has nothing to do with OVG (the group building Climate Pledge in Seattle). Quite the opposite actually, he was partnered with the group trying to build the competing arena proposal in SoDo that fell on its ass.

But yes, question still remains about these companies that generally sell to other companies instead of the average joe (Whole sale oil companies, energy companies, etc). Who exactly are they advertising to with these naming rights deals? I guess Ball does have its container business? But most of their work in Colorado is aerospace.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts