Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Denver last October, and never got around to posting my photos from my trip. I walked around the Platte River Valley and then back to my hotel in downtown under a beautiful blue sky day. This new development just on the fringe of the central part of the city is great, definitely where I'd want to rent/buy if I lived in Denver.

... and typical Colorado, after beautiful day, it snowed about 2 inches that night.

Hope you enjoyed... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Very nice pictures! Yeah, it looks like most new development will take place in the western part of town. I see you managed to capture the new pedestrian bridge too!

·
EffSizzle
160 Posts
Looks nice...

I hear that Denver is nice. It looks pretty urban. But I still get a sense that it's still a "cowboy" town. True???

What's Denver metro's population? Good economy, housing market?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Denver (THE TRUTH)

I live in Parker, about 25 minutes from Downtown. In response to the earlier post, I believe the population of the metro area is about 2,000,000. I moved here about five years ago from Dallas, I too thought it would be a cowtown. However when I got here I was proved wrong. Yeah its not as big a Dallas, but the downtown is very nice and is pretty big. Also the areas around it are urbanizing very quickly. Downtown they are constructing a new skyscraper the FOUR SEASONS HOTEL, it ill be slightly shorter than the Wells Fargo Center, or "CASH REGISTER BUILDING". as for the housing market I'm not sure but I know it has to good because of all the people coming here to live.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used to live in Denver. As a European I´m glad to be back in Euorope (no offence), but I sure miss Denver. Denver is a great city to live in, friendly people, pretty good shopping, good nightlife and close to the Rockies (skiing is unbelieveable, the great snow compensate for the less impressive vertical rise). Downtown is not that busy, metro Denver is pretty spread and I didn´t get the feeling of being in a 'big' city when I was there. But the downtown is clean and cosy (especially with a few inches of snow).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts