SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warning: contains flashy colours

A landmark building for Derby in many respects. The Quad aside, it's the first vaguely bit of exciting architecture for um, 40 years? More prosaically perhaps, it's the first new office office building in the centre for nearly 25 years. And according to the Derby marketing bumph the first speculative office build in 'The Midlands' for 20 years :shocked:

It's at the junction of Agard and Ford Street, a stones throw from the City Centre. A bit of a marmite I expect, but I'm beginning to love it:)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Kind of a mix of a few buildings from Jubilee Campus in Nottingham. A little bit too much metal and not enough glass.

I'm not sure that colour will work well in our climate. A bit dull and might age badly.

And of course it's 20 metres too small.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kind of a mix of a few buildings from Jubilee Campus in Nottingham. A little bit too much metal and not enough glass.

I'm not sure that colour will work well in our climate. A bit dull and might age badly.

And of course it's 20 metres too small.
Copper is coated so it doesn't change colour. :)

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Strange place Derby, been there a few times, it's too big to be a town, but too small to really be a city.

Being caught in this no man's land means it never really attracts the critical mass from developers and so only really seems to get serious developments a couple of times a decade or so.

·
...notts bantam
191 Posts
Top quality building for Derby. Bravo. Wish we could get something with as innovative a design as this in Nottingham city centre...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts