SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
New Nottingham!
11,918 Posts
The cladding on this looks absolutely awful. The only positive thing is the shape of the building and the glazing. Apart from that it looks like everything else in Pride Park. Cheap, boring and soulless.

·
10,753 Posts
I've been past on the train a few times and it does look terrible. The view isn't helped either by the cheap commercial units all around the location. Still a good venue for Derby.

·
Registered
313 Posts
that dark bronze-ish layer that they're now covering up with that *actual* cladding looks much nicer. they should have just stopped at that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not been on here for ages, thought I'd give my two pennies' worth. Having seen the building close-up the cladding looks better in the flesh.

It's going to be a great addition for not just Derby but the whole of the East Midlands, let's hope it produces some future champions.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The cladding looks as bad as I had feared in my previous post on this project.
Seems very thin gauge metal - wonder what the expected life span is ?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Well that's fantastic then isn't it, a video screen! Holy crap i thought we were on a forum where people cared about buildings and quality design not large bloody plasmas! |It does seem a good facility but it just looks crap!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts