Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We used an African way of Design, refusing the common style, where the usual western way means fake architecture by the American standard dream. Also the growing countries can achieve their own way to face the contemporary lifestyle, without contradiction, with deep coherence with the rich local roots.
The “Design” or “Boutique” Hotel is a global experience to express a philosophy without limits by the local conditions, rather use them as the main value.
The hotel consists of 121 rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a gym and spa, a conference room and 3 lounge bars.
The hotel is located in the “Accra hotels” area close to the International Airport.
The double skin façades provide adequate thermal and acoustic insulation. Meantime, it is used as an excuse to create a zigzag shaped profile just by the different sizes of the cantilevered slabs.
This becomes the fascination of the tribal mask and art pieces of African forms and shapes.
Project: Under construction
Typology:Hotel
Area: 12 400 sqm

source: http://www.peiaassociati.it/design-hotel-con-121-camere/

·
Registered
32 Posts
It always breaks my heart when I come on this forum to see a new Ghanaian project.
Are we so desperate that we accept any project just to put on any building down just to fill up the capital?

I just can’t understand why we waist so much land and so much money for such a silly project.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That died a long time ago.
Really? there you go, so i assume all those land would be filled with any single buildings now until it cover that piece of land that was reserved lol. Unbelievable I’m so disappointed, I’m happy I did not go and brag about it to my other African fiends I would have disgraced myself lol

Thanks for letting me know apollojoe, when I see any project from now of on I will keep quiet until the project is completed then I will blow my horns lol

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
It always breaks my heart when I come on this forum to see a new Ghanaian project.
Are we so desperate that we accept any project just to put on any building down just to fill up the capital?

I just can’t understand why we waist so much land and so much money for such a silly project.
Hi, folks

I liked the design.
I didn't undertand why you are concerned about the money wasted.
Isn't this a private project, funded by private entrepeneurs?
Or is it public money involved here?

Greetings from Mexico.

·
the traveller
855 Posts
I don't really like the way how they present the project.. but the basic volumes are quite nice I think... Im curious how it will result when it's constructed
I agree with you! let see the detailled design to see how it will look....

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,866 Posts
Jesus you people will complain about anything and everything! It looks fantastic. I mean it's a top notch design. Is there anything you like? But those pictures look like something totally different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts