SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd just like to let people know about a new website that explores architecture in North West region... www.designfood.co.uk

if you register on the site, you can use the forum and will be sent occasional email newsletters about events etc.

any comments on the site??

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
ric said:
i'd just like to let people know about a new website that explores architecture in North West region... www.designfood.co.uk

if you register on the site, you can use the forum and will be sent occasional email newsletters about events etc.

any comments on the site??
Yes, it's "North Western" (mainly Mancunian). I'm not interested in North West stuff, it's parochial and artificial. This whole "North West" concept is just past its sell by date, I think you should re-think the entire idea and re-brand along more modern lines.

·
Mmm, Danone
2,071 Posts
Evidently Pol, you've made up your mind on the basis it's a mainly Mancunian website. Did you even click the "About" tab to find out the purpose of the website? Doesn't seem that way. It's simply a website that appears to celebrate great architecture in the North West. Yet because you and some others are so bloody happy to distance yourselves from any type of outside interest, you just discount the website as past it's sell by date, asking him to change it's content to "more modern lines". What the **** does that even mean?

Really, just what type of drugs are you on? Because I want some, your reality sounds a lot more fairy like and filled with pixies than anything I've ever experienced.

Come on, explain this ridiculous belief you have. Why do you want Liverpool to **** everybody else off and do things itself? Why do you then complain when other places get something and you complain about missing out? Why do you complain about perceptions and stereotypes of Liverpool when you yourself quite often reinforce these stereotypes?

Come on Pol, set out your stall. I worked you out long ago as being a horrible little shit who looks down on people and we've all worked out your fantastic 18 foot wide McCains Ovenchip on your shoulder regarding Manchester. What's your standing?

·
Just something
10,923 Posts
Would `UK Central` help - no probably not. :sleepy:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
dgnr8 said:
Evidently Pol, you've made up your mind on the basis it's a mainly Mancunian website. Did you even click the "About" tab to find out the purpose of the website? Doesn't seem that way. It's simply a website that appears to celebrate great architecture in the North West. Yet because you and some others are so bloody happy to distance yourselves from any type of outside interest, you just discount the website as past it's sell by date, asking him to change it's content to "more modern lines". What the **** does that even mean?

Really, just what type of drugs are you on? Because I want some, your reality sounds a lot more fairy like and filled with pixies than anything I've ever experienced.

Come on, explain this ridiculous belief you have. Why do you want Liverpool to **** everybody else off and do things itself? Why do you then complain when other places get something and you complain about missing out? Why do you complain about perceptions and stereotypes of Liverpool when you yourself quite often reinforce these stereotypes?

Come on Pol, set out your stall. I worked you out long ago as being a horrible little shit who looks down on people and we've all worked out your fantastic 18 foot wide McCains Ovenchip on your shoulder regarding Manchester. What's your standing?
As usual, you are presumptuous and rude. If you are polite and open-minded, I will talk to you. :)

·
Mmm, Danone
2,071 Posts
No, considering we're in the North West of England.

Ridiculous outdated notion! Bureaucratic imperialist nonsense! Rabble rabble rabble!

Here Pol, look at his links page. http://www.designfood.co.uk/links.htm#5
See? It's not Manc-centric, it's about the region we live in! THE NORTH WEST OF ENGLAND. ABOLISH THIS SCUMMY LAND AND ALL THOSE WHO INHABIT OUSIDE OF THE WIRRAL.

Honestly though. Like Bammy, he's started on SSC and been quite nice in posting a link to his website which covers more than 1 North West city with no arsey bollocks, and similar to Bammy, he's instantly hit by a cocksword knob head with some gay little bigoted agenda pomping along to essentially tell the new community member he's shit and outdated.

Lovely welcome Pol. Once more, you're doing brilliantly at making people feel welcome amongst Scousers.

·
Mmm, Danone
2,071 Posts
And what? In your head, what does this mean?

Because in mine, I'm thinking he's found SSC, joined up, seen the Manc and Liverpool sub forums and decided "Hey, what might be a good idea is to post my website in both their fora because being from the North West, it may be of some interest to them all!"

So go on Pol, what fabulous thought process is trickling through that cavern of cloudy piss you call a brain?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey... didn't expect to get such a flamboyant response!!

good point about the site perhaps being a tad Manchester biased... it's only because that's where i am... and i really need people from elsewhere to contribute.

i've asked people from the liverpool societies to send images/info/news/events etc etc but never seem to get anything!!

could do with stuff from people in Preston... Chester... etc etc

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
dgnr8 said:
And what? In your head, what does this mean?

Because in mine, I'm thinking he's found SSC, joined up, seen the Manc and Liverpool sub forums and decided "Hey, what might be a good idea is to post my website in both their fora because being from the North West, it may be of some interest to them all!"

So go on Pol, what fabulous thought process is trickling through that cavern of cloudy piss you call a brain?
Okay, well I suppose you are being rational in your own terms, but I’m not sure there is anything new to discuss.

To bunch two cities (Manchester and Liverpool) and brand them “North West” is old fashioned. Manchester is increasingly forging its own identity, and is increasingly twinned with Leeds in terms of trying to create a new idea about Northern urbanism. Liverpool increasingly looks to revive more distant connections, well beyond the constraints of formal planning regions. You perceive this as anti-Mancunian, and it’s not at all.

The “North West” is dead-hand, dead-duck dead-in-water old-school stateism. The “North West” is a shit old brand that only seems to appeal to Manchester media types who see it as a bit of cheap market extension beyond their Manchester base. The majority of the content on that site is Manchester focused, and you believe that putting some Liverpool sites in the links page that makes it something you call “North West”?

I have suggested a re-brand that doesn’t use the term, that is all, and explained why. I was being constructive, unlike the Manchester forum where an identical post has been completely ignored.

·
Mmm, Danone
2,071 Posts
Careful Ric, now you've stated it's slightly Manchester biased due to you living there, you may be in for a fight now. Hell, Pol might even start whinging about you being BASED in Manchester like he did with Bammy. Christ, he may even start an argument with you, thinking it's a brilliant point to bring up, asking why you don't just move your entire livelyhood to Liverpool. Because that's entirely rational.

You've got a good site Ric. If it's more Manc orientated than anywhere else, that more than stands to reason seeing as you live there, your business is based there and all in all, is the biggest conurbation in the NW, so naturally, developments will be more in number in Manc.

Of course, a certain few on here won't see it that way.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
ric said:
also... it's a new site... so it's going to take a bit of time to grow and become richer with content...
Ric, I wasn't criticising the site itself, it's beautiful and I wish you well with it - it is the branding of it using the old-fashioned "North West" concept that doesn't appeal to me. Why not extend it to cover Leeds as well? Why do you want to only cover two cities in the North?

·
Mmm, Danone
2,071 Posts
Pol, in your hatred for this term "North West", you seem to overlook the very simple point that WE LIVE IN THE NORTH WEST. Bollocks to grouping manc and Liverpool or whatever, WE LIVE IN THE NORTH WEST OF ENGLAND. Why is that so hard to accept? Can you really not live in a region that consists of more than Liverpool? WHAT IS YOUR AGENDA?

As for your last point Pol, well I'm sorry, I didn't realise the rules of the internet were that everybody had to be online at the very same time as the Liverpool forum just so they could reply to a duplicate post. Howver, I shall endeavour to see that all SSC members are online in future to appease your bizarre train of thought.

·
Keltlandia
11,764 Posts
So why bother with the 'North West' then if coverage is so difficult? People go on about it as if it's some sort of 'home nation' like Scotland and Wales, when virtually no one (certainly in these parts) identifies with it. Do Mancunians really feel they have an affinity with Liverpool in a way they don't have with Leeds? I ask this because anything 'North West' is nearly always a Mancunian initiative, suggesting that Mancs seem to identify with 'Englandsnorthwest' in a way people from Liverpool do not.

Anyway, good luck with it regardless, ric.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.