4x Champion:
1935, 1952, 1953, 1957

Home of the NFL's Detroit Lions

diagram

Seating
suite -

club -

concourse -

one of the best concourse areas ever that blends right into the bowl. Little known is the fact that it is made out of two 80 year old warehouses.

Great bowl design, IMO, to get the suites/boxes out of the way and letting lots of light in, though it is an indoor stadium. Not a bad seat in the house either.

great seating bowl
great concourse
noise of an indoor venue
sharp looking
all the technology that an NFL stadium should have
definitely one of the best even though I hate domes.
Should be a great Superbowl host.
21 - 40 of 202 Posts
My 2nd favorite NFL Stadium, great design with the suites on one side (pioneered by Atlanta's Arena) it gets the true fans sitting on the other side closer to the action.
Higher percentage behind the ends though, and personally I have a hard time respecting a stadium with a full roof, football is an outdoor sport.
Did a great job with incorporating the warehouse into suites and the overall design is great, however the roof is a cold dark eyesore. It should at least be retractible. :)
I dont care for it all that much.
Very beautiful stadium!
Is the field FIFA approved?
No need. FIFA can have the Pontiac Silverdome. :)
It's still in use? I didn't see the need for replacing it, other than the fact that it's in the suburbs and Ford Field will bring people downtown.
Unfortunately my knowledge only extends to that of Wikipedia :) the Silverdome is still around, though it hasn't hosted anything for quite a while. And like you said Ford Field and Comerica Park were designed alongside each other as pieces of a larger urban revitalization plan for Motown. The Silverdome sat over 80,000 for NFL games so I could imagine blackout rules could have played a factor in desiring a smaller venue.
It's still in use? I didn't see the need for replacing it, other than the fact that it's in the suburbs and Ford Field will bring people downtown.
That place makes me not hate domes.
not a bad stadium at all...better in Detroit than Pontiac
You mean another white elephant?
You would be more likely to know than I would, but it looks wide enough just by eyeing it.

The exterior view from the street level is my favorite. I still can't decide if I like the inside, though.

(I found this on google image search)
Reactions: will101
Ford Field is to host the 2009 NCAA Final Four Championship Game on April 4-6.
outside is maybe 4.5 (out of 10 because looks like a factory or something :eek:hno: ), but inside 9.5 (out of 10, great, compact, suites are well placed and situated :nuts:)

P.S. When will you be champions? it's long, too long since last trophy:eek:hno:
Might want to set expectations just a weeeeeeeeee bit lower.
outside is maybe 4.5 (out of 10 because looks like a factory or something :eek:hno: ), but inside 9.5 (out of 10, great, compact, suites are well placed and situated :nuts:)

so , you mean there is no chance of becoming champions in close future or what
Might want to set expectations just a weeeeeeeeee bit lower.
It actually incorporates the former warehouse of the now-defunct Hudson's department store, which was built in 1920 (the building houses the suites).

21 - 40 of 202 Posts