SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over at SSP and got some interesting replies so I thought SSC might enjoy it as well.

Musical component: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=68247367

This is called the HEIDELBERG PROJECT. For the sake of respect to the artist(s), I'd ask that these photos not be copied or used on any other part of the internet besides this page only. Thanks!

This is just one of the many reasons why I am so inspired by the city of Detroit.

You can find out more about the Heidelberg Project here:
http://www.heidelberg.org/

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...and the area around Heidelberg:

If you look closely, the top of this building says, "The Oldest Bank in Detroit". Now an ugly pizza joint.

This is the Island View/West Village Area

Indian Village: One of Detroit's wealthiest neighborhoods.

So much potential.

·
Premium member
10,001 Posts
People should stop smoking weed. Overall, it seems that the good days of the area are gone a long time ago.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...Detroit is like everything that's not supporse to be mixed poured into a bottle, shaken up, and then poured back out to be put on display for everyone to go, "WTF?" :)

ranny fash, I posted a link at the top of the thread for you to discover what Heidelberg is all about. It's a really neat place and good for the community.

·
quacked
2,294 Posts
Michi, having looked at the link you gave, that is almost the best thing i've seen on this site. what a fantastic use of the urban landscape!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! :)

But I insist that all credit due must be given to the artist in this case.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts